12" iBook (G4 1.25)

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by mak, Aug 12, 2005.

1. mak macrumors member

Feb 19, 2005

i am in a position to possibly get an ibook that is g4 1.25 / 512 ram / 60gb hdd for around £475.

i currently own a mac mini 1.42 which is great but do want a dual powermac or a fast amd x2 set-up in the coming months but the mini seems to cope with all my multimedia design needs.

i do not like being stuck at my desk 24/7. i would like to be mobile sometimes when doing some of my design work.

the deal for the ibook does seem quite good in comparison to pc laptops and older mac laptops. i just wanted to get opinions on this model.

it will be used for:

image/photo editing / web design / documents / internet / imovie and other day-to-day tasks.

2. Project macrumors 68020

Aug 6, 2005
    Thats a good deal to be honest.... worth the pennies. You should consider upgrading your RAM though if you want to use iMovie...
  3. wdlove macrumors P6

Oct 20, 2002
    Looks very good to me. Adding 1 GB of RAM will increase performance noticeably. If new or refurb from Apple I would also highly recommend AppleCare.