12" iBook Sleeve - For Canada

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by VanMac, Jul 31, 2005.

1. VanMac macrumors 6502a

May 26, 2005
    Rampaging Tokyo

So, got the new iBook, now I need a nice little sleeve. I read the sticky in this forum, and decided on a Booq Vyper XS. Price is OK, $45 US, but when I go to check out, the cheapest shipping I can get to Ontario Canada is $30 US (Fed X, 2nd day).

Anywho, thats putting it up there a bit ($100 cdn). Anyone have any ideas on a similar case that has distribution in Canada, or some cheaper way to get the Vyper XS?

Thanks in advance.
  2. Leareth macrumors 68000

Nov 11, 2004
    I know some university computer stores carry them in Canada.
    U of T does as well as McGill , those are the only two I know in eastern canada, here on the west coast, UBC and SFU have them, as well as macmarket or macstation, can't remember which :rolleyes:
    check with local computer dealers , sometimes PC only stores carry mac laptop bags/sleeves... :confused:
  3. Snarf macrumors newbie

Feb 29, 2004
    Upstate New York
    Actually, I happen to have one that I'm not using anymore. In fact, I barely even used it, it's virtually brand new. I bought it for a 12" powerbook, but ended up returning the powerbook for an iMac. Send me a pm and we can work something out if you're interested.

I should add that I've never shipped anything to Canada, so I have no clue about how much it would cost.
  4. cardiac dave macrumors regular

cardiac dave

Jun 23, 2005
    I've got one too that I'm not using.

12" iBook, grey/blue in color, fairly tight fitting.

Bought it on eBay from a guy who makes them in Manitoba or somewhere.

I'm in Mississauga/Toronto, PM me if you want it.
  5. Lazyhound macrumors regular

Jul 19, 2005
    So, has anyone found someone who distributes them in Canada yet? The shipping from the US is more than the cost of the sleeve itself!