12" iBook Sleeve

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by stevietheb, Jan 17, 2004.

1. stevietheb macrumors 6502a

stevietheb

I've seen some threads on this, but haven't found the info I want.

I'm wanting to get a sleeve for my soon-to-be-purchased 12" iBook, so that I can carry it around in my book bag without it getting too scratched up (I carry one of those over the shoulder-style satchels). I'm hoping to find a cheapy that the iBook will fit snuggly in, preferably in the $10-20 range. Comments, suggestions, links to places to buy, are all welcome!

Thanks!
    stevie

2. logicat2001 macrumors regular

There's someone in MN who is hand-crafting individual bags. I've got my 12" PB in one.

Their website it still being worked on but you can email Brian directly at the following address:

occulist(@)hotmail(dot)com

The bag is beautiful, funky and has contrasting inner and outer fabric types. You get to choose the combination yourself.

Best,
    Logicat

3. stevietheb thread starter macrumors 6502a

stevietheb

This guy is handmaking bags in the $10-20 price range?! I'll be contacting him...handmade rules!

4. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

it's more than you want to pay, but i really like the sleeve i got from http://www.sfbags.com/

they make a great ipod case, too

after spending all that money on a new ibook, maybe you want to drop $40 on a sleevecase?