Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Awenwolf

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 14, 2004
Centreville, VA
Hello to all,

I came across an interesting thing while searching Microsoft's website today. On an image providing a link to download a trial version of the Server 2003, they clearly have a picture of an iBook. I guess even Microsoft appreciates the style and beauty of a Mac...

You can find the link at:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserversystem/default.mspx

Or simply check out the attached image.

Attachments

• 63589_r2.jpg
    63589_r2.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 128

Shamus

macrumors 6502a
Feb 26, 2006
Macs are beginning to turn up in the most unexpected places. Never heard of one on the Microsoft before now though :).

Just out of curiosity.....what were you doing searching the MS website??:p ;)

dmw007

macrumors G4
May 26, 2005
Working for MI-6
Nice, glad to know that M$ really does appreciate Macs. :)

And as Shamus asked, why exactly were you prowling about on Microsoft's website Awenwolf? :eek: ;) :)

Laser47

macrumors 6502a
Jan 8, 2004
Maryland
That has been there for the longest time, the ibook was probably put in their by the people who designed that picture who most likely use macs.
I have seen lots of companies with advertisements using macs, even if that means overlaying a screenshot of XP on it.
Its a universal fact, Macs look good.

dmw007

macrumors G4
May 26, 2005
Working for MI-6
Laser47 said:
I have seen lots of companies with advertisements using macs, even if that means overlaying a screenshot of XP on it.

Except now, you don't have to overlay a screenshot of XP running on a Mac in order to get such an image (the wonder of Boot Camp). :)

Laser47 said:
Its a universal fact, Macs look good.

I could not agree more! :D

Airforce

macrumors 6502a
Jan 12, 2006
Well, seeing as Macs are x86 computers that happen to be able to run OS X now...it's not that big of a deal anymore ;)

dmw007

macrumors G4
May 26, 2005
Working for MI-6
Airforce said:
Well, seeing as Macs are x86 computers

A shame really, if Apple did not switch over to using X86 chips, I could have bought a PowerBook G5 this year. :( ;) :) Oh well, I guess being able to run Windows on your Mac is a nice feature that more than makes up for this. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.