12" iBook spotted on Microsoft's Windows 2003 server site

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Awenwolf, Apr 28, 2006.

1. Awenwolf macrumors newbie

Hello to all,

I came across an interesting thing while searching Microsoft's website today. On an image providing a link to download a trial version of the Server 2003, they clearly have a picture of an iBook. I guess even Microsoft appreciates the style and beauty of a Mac...

You can find the link at:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserversystem/default.mspx

Or simply check out the attached image.

Attached Files:

2. Shamus macrumors 6502a

Shamus

Macs are beginning to turn up in the most unexpected places. Never heard of one on the Microsoft before now though :).

Just out of curiosity.....what were you doing searching the MS website??:p ;)

3. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

Nice, glad to know that M$ really does appreciate Macs. :)

And as Shamus asked, why exactly were you prowling about on Microsoft's website Awenwolf? :eek: ;) :)

4. Laser47 macrumors 6502a

Laser47

That has been there for the longest time, the ibook was probably put in their by the people who designed that picture who most likely use macs.
    I have seen lots of companies with advertisements using macs, even if that means overlaying a screenshot of XP on it.
    Its a universal fact, Macs look good.

5. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

Except now, you don't have to overlay a screenshot of XP running on a Mac in order to get such an image (the wonder of Boot Camp). :)

I could not agree more! :D

6. Airforce macrumors 6502a

Airforce

Well, seeing as Macs are x86 computers that happen to be able to run OS X now...it's not that big of a deal anymore ;)

7. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

A shame really, if Apple did not switch over to using X86 chips, I could have bought a PowerBook G5 this year. :( ;) :) Oh well, I guess being able to run Windows on your Mac is a nice feature that more than makes up for this. :)