12 inch PB

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Cam59, Jun 10, 2004.

1. Cam59 macrumors member

May 15, 2004
    Well I finally have enough money for my first mac! My only problem is will there be any updates for the powerbook at WWDC? I don't mean G5 upgrades but basic upgrades like memory. Also does anyone believe the 12 inch powerbook will get a price cut? Finally, when I buy the computer it will come with Panther but will I be able to upgrade to Tiger for free since I would have just bought it? Thanks for the help
  2. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Nov 5, 2002
    apple may speed bump the machines before the end of the summer but thats not certain. They don't change things like memory configurations much ... maybe a memory offer but you'll be better off getting memory from somewhere else.
    I think apple likes the pricepoints for the powerbook; doubt they will change until g5 pb's
    probably no free ugprade to tiger. Tiger is getting previewed to developers in june and probably won't be final until october or november. Apple doesn't offer upgrades until the final version is ready and shipping which won't be for sometime and even then its liek $25.

hope that helps. For peace of mind you can't wait till wwdc but nobody is expecting changes in the powerbook line as far as i've read.