12" or 14" iBook?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Lucky8, Aug 12, 2005.

1. Lucky8 macrumors regular

Lucky8

Apologize if this is a stupid question.
    But I just would like to know what you guys would rather have, a 12" iBook or 14"iBook?
    I can't decide which one to go with...

Anyway, I need to sell my 3-month old PM G5. :(
    Moving to Canada this October and don't really want to drag this beast around with me.
    Looking to get $1500 since I had a $1400 offer already.
    PM me if interested.
    Look at my sig for spec.

2. jeff_siler macrumors 6502

Definitly go with the 12". Here is why I did.

1) Same screen resolution as the 14"
    2) 1lb lighter, and better form facter IMHO
    3) Less expensive

Jeff

3. virus1 macrumors 65816

virus1

I agree. Smaller as well. the only argument for me is the superdrive, but i wouldn't use it too much, and an external is cheap and easy.

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

I'm not trying to be rude, but is there anything in this thread that doesn't already answer your questions? :)

5. Chrispy macrumors 68020

Chrispy

Well I'm gonna take the side of the 14". Before I would have said 12" all the way but now I would say consider the 14. I had a bad run of luck with powerbooks so I went with an iBook. I went into the store to get a 12" iBook but then noticed how bright and crisp the 14" screen was as well. I really don't mind the extra size and having a 60GH HD and Superdrive standard is a really nice bonus. The extra speed is so little you would probably not notice but the other features are great. The screen is the perfect size and is easy to read for a decent distance. I have to say, the 14" is much better than I could have ever thought! And it play WoW fairly well too :D

6. Lucky8 thread starter macrumors regular

Lucky8

12" iBook, here I come.... ;)
    Where can I get a 1GB RAM for a good deal?

7. Chrispy macrumors 68020

Chrispy

I got mine from www.newegg.com and searched for PC2700 DDR-SODIMMs. I would stick with name brands like Kingston ValueRam or Crucial as they will offer up better reliability and support should something go wrong. They only cost about $10 or so more and it is def worth it for the peice of mind. I have a 1GB stick on the way as I type this from newegg.

Oh and you are going to LOVE your new iBook! Mine is much faster than I ever imagined it would be! I even have a dead pixel but it is near the top just left of the clock and my Synergy iTunes pluggin covers it so it was not something worth fighting and ruining it for people who have them in the middle of the screen :p Best of luck with the purchase!