Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Suspended
Original poster
Jan 18, 2005
yea sorry i know theres already a sticky thread about this but i need something a little more focused.

i just ordered my 12" PB last night and its already been shipped. Should arrive in 7 days so :)... but i want a really snazzy bag to carry that and a notepad or 2. shoulderstrap needed. but most importantly; cheaper is better :). im almost spent up after my PB purchase so anything £30 or under would be perfect.

oh yea, and must be from a UK shop too!

any recommendations guys?

thanks!

munkle

macrumors 68030
Aug 7, 2004
On a jet plane
You're going to he hard pressed to get a decent laptop bag for 30 squids. Might be a better idea to buy a cover and then use whatever bag you've got now, something like Crumpler's School Hymn (random link provided) should fit the bill. You should be able to get it from Micro Anvika down Selfridges way.

Suspended
Original poster
Jan 18, 2005
sorry, american site only. different in the UK apprently... oh well

ive been looking around various shops and im pretty shocked to see such high prices. Selfridges sells brilliant bags at no more than £30. i dont get how little cheap internet shops sell for more than one of britians most expensive fashion shops?

munkle

macrumors 68030
Aug 7, 2004
On a jet plane
raggedjimmi said:
sorry, american site only. different in the UK apprently... oh well

ive been looking around various shops and im pretty shocked to see such high prices. Selfridges sells brilliant bags at no more than £30. i dont get how little cheap internet shops sell for more than one of britians most expensive fashion shops?

Cause you're paying for functionality with laptop bags and not just for design, that's why they're often more expensive.

Like I said in my previous post, Micro Anvika stock Crumpler bags, they also have a uk website.

Westside guy

macrumors 603
Oct 15, 2003
The soggy side of the Pacific NW
McBain's Lovechild is a great bag - on the site mentioned above it goes for 45 euros (how many euros to the pound?). It's a smaller bag, although you should be able to put the laptop along with a notepad in it. The pocket will hold a few extra things as well.

I've got the extra-large version, which fits my 15" PB quite nicely. I tend to overstuff it with all the extra crud I've got, and so far it hasn't complained.

shane-o-mac

macrumors regular
Jan 24, 2005
May I recomend the incase bag on the apple website. Click under accessories on portable gear......the basic gray runs $79........convert as you will and the jazzier green and orange bag runs a hundred bucks. They are slim, padded, equipped with sholder strap and have just enough room for a notepad......very sylish.

iGary

May 26, 2004
Randy's House
I have the incase and LOVE it - simple, padded, elegant - and enough room for an iPod, iPod shuffle, power brick, mouse and a few other goodies.

Best laptop bag I have ever bought. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.