12" PB/Camera bag

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by jknight8907, Jul 3, 2004.

1. jknight8907 macrumors 6502a

jknight8907

I'm going to South America for about 3 weeks in January, so I need a fairly big backpack to carry my 12" Powerbook and a camera, lens shade, cables, etc.

I like the Crumpler Farmer's Double because of it's camera compartment in the bottom.

What do you guys (and ladies) use for your stuff? Suggestions quite wecome.....

2. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

3. superbovine macrumors 68030

superbovine

if you have to leave you pack in a hotel room in south america, it wise to make sure the pack you get can be locked cause you never know how can get into your hotel room. :(

4. jknight8907 thread starter macrumors 6502a

jknight8907

I'll take a small lock, but I will have it with me most of the time. Good suggestion, I hadn't thought of that. :)

5. chiiyo macrumors newbie

chiiyo

I will really recommend the LowePro Stealth II
    http://www.lowepro.com/pages/series/stealth/stealth.htm

It looks small but it can easily fit your 12" PB and quite a bit on the side, camera body, a few lenses... not too sure about the lens shade though, depends on how big is yours.

The whole point is that it's so small people don't realise it can fit so much inside, which would be good as a disguise.

We sell Lowe Pro bags here (we're a photo processing shop) so I can tell you it's a really good bag. All of the Lowe Pro bags are good, it's just that the camera laptop combi bags are really superb... (Yes I do want a Stealth myself, if you're wondering...)

6. mattroberts macrumors regular

mattroberts

i own a crumpler. best built bag i've ever seen - NOTHING will break this bag. if it falls off your shoulder or back it won't be because it broke.

As far as i know there are no locking mechanisms on the crumpler - or any i've seen. This is about the only down side on the product if price is a non-issue.

I highly recommend it.

cheers
    m

7. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Actually a better idea is the PacSafe systems:

http://www.pac-safe.com/

They seal up the bag and can be locked down to something that can easily be moved. I have one, and I think it is the best idea.

8. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac