Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wako

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 6, 2005
Alright, Im a "switcher" and I must say my PB is VERY nice. I absolutely love it...

HOWEVER, my battery life seems to be sucking quite the major balls. I get probably around 1.5 to 2 hours on a full charge. I hope this isnt just me. I thought they advertised the PB to get 5 hours... Im not even getting half of that...

Would could Apple do anything?

Chef Medeski

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2005
New York, NY
I had the same problem. I called this number: 1-800-275-2273. I told the operator my problem and they sent out a new one. Actually recieved it the monday after the saturday that I called, so fairly speedy service. I'm worried though cause it seems like the life of the batteries seemed to have deterioted in the contermpary past. I hope my battery gets 4 hours at full, because I need 7-8 hours between the two and 4 is just plain unacceptable.

Sox

macrumors regular
Feb 9, 2005
Go to Energy Saver in System Prefs and adjust your settings for better battery performance. That will help a little, but it sounds like you may have a battery issue.

Does anyone remember the specifics of the recent battery recall?

Chef Medeski

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2005
New York, NY
ctsport said:
I get a bit over 3 hours on a full charge. Are the batteries suppose to last 4 hours?
They better, 5 is what is suggested and on full energy savings you should be able to get 4. Otherwise, I want my money back.

wako

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 6, 2005
For the battery replacement you are going to recieve, I assume they also take back the old one too right? Do they pay shipping both ways?

lfielder06

Dec 5, 2004
3 hours is pretty bad. I can get like 3 hours using energy saver and mine is old. do all 12" powerbooks get that bad of battery life.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.