12'' PB, how much battery life?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by wako, Aug 9, 2005.

1. wako macrumors 65816

Alright, Im a "switcher" and I must say my PB is VERY nice. I absolutely love it...

HOWEVER, my battery life seems to be sucking quite the major balls. I get probably around 1.5 to 2 hours on a full charge. I hope this isnt just me. I thought they advertised the PB to get 5 hours... Im not even getting half of that...

Would could Apple do anything?

2. Chef Medeski macrumors 6502a

Chef Medeski

I had the same problem. I called this number: 1-800-275-2273. I told the operator my problem and they sent out a new one. Actually recieved it the monday after the saturday that I called, so fairly speedy service. I'm worried though cause it seems like the life of the batteries seemed to have deterioted in the contermpary past. I hope my battery gets 4 hours at full, because I need 7-8 hours between the two and 4 is just plain unacceptable.

3. Sox macrumors regular

Go to Energy Saver in System Prefs and adjust your settings for better battery performance. That will help a little, but it sounds like you may have a battery issue.

Does anyone remember the specifics of the recent battery recall?

4. ctsport1234 macrumors regular

I get a bit over 3 hours on a full charge. Are the batteries suppose to last 4 hours?

5. Chef Medeski macrumors 6502a

Chef Medeski

They better, 5 is what is suggested and on full energy savings you should be able to get 4. Otherwise, I want my money back.

6. wako thread starter macrumors 65816

For the battery replacement you are going to recieve, I assume they also take back the old one too right? Do they pay shipping both ways?

7. lfielder06 Guest

3 hours is pretty bad. I can get like 3 hours using energy saver and mine is old. do all 12" powerbooks get that bad of battery life.