12" PB now or later?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Icekey, Dec 1, 2003.

  1. Icekey macrumors member

    Joined:
    Oct 14, 2003
    Location:
    Melbourne, Australia
    #1
    After all the issues I had with a 15", I'm planning on getting a 12" cause I finally got a refund. Now, my question is, do you guys reckon there is an update coming up soon for this model, or should I just wait? The Rev A took like 9 months before an update came so I'm still weary. Opinions would be appreciated. Cheers
     
  2. MoparShaha macrumors 68000

    MoparShaha

    Joined:
    May 15, 2003
    Location:
    San Francisco
    #2
    I'm not expecting anything soon, since this 12" model was just introduced two months ago. I just bought one myself, and couldn't be happier. Go buy one, you'll love it.
     
  3. yoman macrumors 6502a

    yoman

    Joined:
    Nov 11, 2003
    Location:
    In the Bowels of the Cosmos
    #3
    well

    According to the buyers guide here on
    Mac Rumors, the powerbook line is in mid cycle. So in 3-4 months there might be a refresh. so it depends on how soon you need it. You can wait the months which do seem like forever or just get it like Mopar suggested.
     
  4. uv23 macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Nov 16, 2003
    Location:
    Calgary, AB
    #4
    I had the same dilemma. Last Friday I solved it by buying the 12" PB. You can always wait for something better or you can get what you want/need right now.
     
  5. zcar86 macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Oct 31, 2003
    #5
    But will apple die with you?
     
  6. uv23 macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Nov 16, 2003
    Location:
    Calgary, AB
    #6
    ?
     
  7. Icekey thread starter macrumors member

    Joined:
    Oct 14, 2003
    Location:
    Melbourne, Australia
    #7
    So would I have any problems using my 512mb DDR333 onto the 12"? I used to own a 15" AluBook
     
  8. johnnyjibbs macrumors 68030

    johnnyjibbs

    Joined:
    Sep 18, 2003
    Location:
    London, UK
    #8
    The RAM should work I think, it's just it wouldn't use the faster speed of it. There is a strange page 2 rumour saying that updates will happen today so you may just want to wait a couple of hours ;) :p :D but in all honesty nothing will be updated until next month's MWSF at the absolute earliest.

    Having said that I'm pretty sceptical about there being any updates until around April or May as they were only just updated a couple of months ago.

    I love my new 12" and it's plenty fast enough, so if you want it, get it. You won't be disappointed.
     

Share This Page