12"pb questions

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by BlackGem, Sep 29, 2003.

1. BlackGem macrumors newbie

Jul 30, 2003
    It seems that some things run odd for me. Like, sometimes it takes so much longer to open some things when if I open it now it works fine.

Also, when Im typing something, mainly on AIM I notice this, I will be typing and it stops coming on the screen(i also noticed this is word). If I move the mouse, everything comes up. Even if i hit enter to send the message, nothing will come up or send until i move the mouse.
  2. yoda13 macrumors 65816

Sep 26, 2003
    you might try increasing your RAM. I have gotten a lot less of that since I upgraded. I maxed it out. Just a suggestion.
  3. BlackGem thread starter macrumors newbie

Jul 30, 2003
    hmmm, the only way to get more is if i buy the 1gb chip.....so i dont think that is the problem.
  4. doubting_me macrumors newbie

Sep 12, 2003
    This may seem obvious

You may already know this, but of course repair the permissions (using Disk Aid) and use Cocktail or MacJanitor to run unix scripts which should speed up your computer. Make sure your hard drive has at least 10% free (for OS X to swap). If you have 640 megs of ram you should be okay for most tasks unless you are putting video editing and sound editing through its paces.

If all else fails, back up and reinstall.