12" PB rev. B screen

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by deep square leg, Nov 8, 2003.

1. deep square leg macrumors newbie

Sorry if this has already been discussed, I've looked through most of the news and buyers guide pages.

I've been trying to decide between a 12" and 15" Al PB for a while now. Originally I was annoyed at the crap video card in the 12" (I was hoping for a 9600 like the 15") but I've kinda decided that if I really cared about games I'd buy an XBox or build my own PC.

Now with all the trouble with the 15" leprosy I'm even more keen to go with the 12", I can soup it up and get a machine with more RAM and HDD than the 15", and much of the time it will be connected to my 21" Trinitron so the size of the screen doesn't matter.

However, when I do take it on the road I want some decent screen quality. I've heard that the first 12" PB had a crappy LG screen, whereas the 15" and 17" screens were excellent. What is the latest 12" screen like? Is just the same as the first?

2. yoda13 macrumors 65816

yoda13

I can't speak about the revb 12"PBs as I have the revA. I have heard what you are talking about, concerning screen quality. However, I have no complaints. Mine is quite bright and sharp. It also views well from many angles. This may or may not be representative of everyone's experience, but I really like mine. It is just as good as, or better, then my TiBook(500mhz) that i gave to my nephew. Maybe this will help, don't know.

3. deep square leg thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for that. I think I'll be happy with it anyway, at home I'll have it hooked up to the big screen anyway, and after looking at a display model I think I'll be fine with the screen. I think it's just LCD screens in general that my eyes don't like, so it's not going to make much difference anyway.