12" PB Trackerpad not responding

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by lsfz88, Mar 3, 2005.

1. lsfz88 macrumors newbie

Hi

just bought a PB last week, and was really happy with it, until the trackpad stopped responding completely. Has anyone else had this prob?

2. Southbridge macrumors regular

Southbridge

yeah... its been reported that some of the trackpads on the 12" have been having problems... did you jack the trackspeed up? what version of OSX are you running?

3. h0e0h macrumors 6502a

h0e0h

do you have a USB mouse plugged in? Also, is the seed too high, or the software fully updated?

4. dswoodley macrumors 6502a

I had my new 12in PB for exactly 37 minutes before I came to the conclusion the trackpad was trash. After an hour on the phone with Apple support they agreed to take it back and will ship me a new one.

BTW, the trackpad stopped esponding about half the time, and when it did work it was wildly unpredictable.

Oh well, the unit I had also has a little bulge by the lid clasp, maybe the next one won't have that.

5. lsfz88 thread starter macrumors newbie

well,no didn't have a USB mouse plugged in.tried everything above said, but still nothing! Well, Panther was installed on it already with ilife etc.., so i presume it was updated
    well, at least i have hope that Apple will send me a brand new one! only probs is, when how long will it take!
    Kepp me posted on when your new one turns up and how long it took.

6. h0e0h macrumors 6502a

h0e0h

just make sure you've got the latest software downloaded... apple menu -> software update in the top left corner... good luck

7. lsfz88 thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi
    yes i have downloaded it. thanks, track seems to be ok for the minute. will try to see if this will last into next week.