12" PB w/ external monitor?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Whigga Spitta, Apr 23, 2004.

1. Whigga Spitta macrumors 6502

I am trying to decide between 12" PB and 15". The main reason I have been leaning towards the 15" (with 128 VRAM) is because I have heard this will work better with an external monitor...? Will there be any problems connecting the 12" to any apple monitors?
    I love the portability aspect of the 12", although I don't know if it has the power I need/want. I would consider myself an advanced Photoshop user, advanced Premiere user (switching to Mac I would love to learn FCP), although I don't know if I'll be working in graphics intensive programs 24/7. Any advice would be very helpful.

thank you

2. baby duck monge macrumors 68000

baby duck monge

if you can afford it, get the 15"

while the 12" would be fine, the 15" is going to be noticeably better. while larger, it is not terrible to travel with, and while traveling you would have a larger screen to work with. also, the huge amounts of VRAM will tear through spanning on even the largest monitors (though you could get by with less), allowing you that much extra space for pallets and whatnot in PS, etc...

just my $0.02

3. Whigga Spitta thread starter macrumors 6502

very well then... i guess i'll be goin with the 15". thanks

4. baby duck monge macrumors 68000

baby duck monge

no problem. i don't think many here would argue against more power for PS if you can afford it, either. regardless, you will love whatever you get. congrats on your [soon to be] new toy!