12" PB wide screen ?

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by Dalriada, Nov 9, 2004.

1. Dalriada macrumors 6502

So folks I do follow the various talks/rumours abt forthcoming dual G4 PB's and thereafter G5 PB's (?) but I was meantime wondering from a technical view what chances are that Apple could roll out a 12" PB wide screen at MWSF or is it more likely we see only speed bumps until WWDC gets us a 13" PB ?? Doubt very much we would see both so guess it's one or the other.... Appreciate any views ??

EDIT Sorry I think I posted in the wrong Forum and no clue how to correct that...

2. cluthz macrumors 68040

cluthz

I hope apple don't choose to put a 12" widesdreen on the 12-incher..
    The reason is because the i allready have to scroll enought when surfing...
    If the are going to put a widescreen on the powerbook 12", then it has to be a 13". A 1152x768 res on a 13"widescreen will be a bit better than todays 12", but it probably would make the machine heavier.
    Widescreen is nice on a desktop/desktopreplacement, but on a lightweigth notebook like the 12-inch its not worth it.

What I would like to see on the 12-incher is a better videocard and a firewire 800 port!

3. jxyama macrumors 68040

jxyama

i highly doubt a 12" widescreen. making LCDs cost a ton of money - the fabs cost billions of dollars.

no fab will make a specialized widescreen 12" LCDs just for apple and select others, unless paid a lot of money - and at 12", which is already very small, i don't think apple will find that much increase in demand to justify such a cost increase.

when you start seeing widescreen 12" LCDs used by other vendors, we may see one from apple. but i don't see the appeal of it, really. vertically, it'll be too short.

4x3 ratio 12" screen is 9.6" wide, 7.2" high
    16x9 ratio 12" screen would be 10.4" wide, 5.9" high