12 Pbook with DVI 19'' Phillips Monitor?

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by Golem, Mar 9, 2004.

1. Golem macrumors 6502

We need to replace a 15'' Tibook fairly quickly which has video problems. I suspect the user dropped it but thats another problem. We cant get stock of a 15'' pbook to replace it anytime soon. My suggestion is to buy a 12 Pbook and use it with a monitor at work, probably a DVI 19'' Phillips Monitor? Note the cost of 12'' + monitor is less for us than the cost of a 1 Ghz 15''

Are their likely to be any issues with the powerbook driving a 19'' DVI monitor. I know we will have to get a Mini DVI-> DVI connector.

2. thehuncamunca macrumors 6502

should work fine, the powerbooks graphic card will be able to do max resolution on the 19 inch monitor
    just out of curiosity, why not go for a desktop? then it can't be dropped as easily

QUOTE=Golem]We need to replace a 15'' Tibook fairly quickly which has video problems. I suspect the user dropped it but thats another problem. We cant get stock of a 15'' pbook to replace it anytime soon. My suggestion is to buy a 12 Pbook and use it with a monitor at work, probably a DVI 19'' Phillips Monitor? Note the cost of 12'' + monitor is less for us than the cost of a 1 Ghz 15''

Are their likely to be any issues with the powerbook driving a 19'' DVI monitor. I know we will have to get a Mini DVI-> DVI connector.[/QUOTE]

3. Golem thread starter macrumors 6502

According to the user they do a lot of work from home,ie the monitor can stay in 1 location while they use the 12'' screen at other times.