12" Powerbook 1.33Ghz - Any known issues?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by sammyman, May 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sammyman macrumors 6502a

Mar 21, 2005
    I just ordered a 1.33Ghz powerbook for a really good deal. I wanted to be prepared when it arrives to look for existing issues with this model. Does it have battery problems, or the mouse track problems? Oh yea, and does it come with wireless/bluetooth? Thanks!
  2. Sca1pel macrumors regular

Apr 9, 2005
    I own a 1.5 12" the only problem is if you get sleepy and you still feel like working you may take it into bed and get drool on it.
  3. sammyman thread starter macrumors 6502a

Mar 21, 2005
    And I have drooling problems which is no good.
  4. blodwyn macrumors 65816

Jul 28, 2004
    Portland, Oregon
    I've had one since June '04. I've had no problems at all, including the Tiger upgrade. The only slight niggle is the screen hinge creaking when I try to make a small adjustment to the screen tilt angle. Apart from that it's been rock solid, and yes it does come with wireless and bluetooth.
  5. rubinass macrumors newbie

Apr 15, 2005
    I have that same model...

...I just got it a few weeks ago. No troubles yet. It's great. It handles Tiger just fine. wireless and bluetooth included.

Oh yeah: you can upgrade to Tiger for only $10 on the apple website (don't pay full-price elsewhere).
  6. Sutekidane macrumors 6502a

Jan 26, 2005
    The powerbook 12 and 17 inch models have been pretty good on not having recalls. the 15" models had a battery recall and the older ones have screen problems.
  7. sammyman thread starter macrumors 6502a

Mar 21, 2005
    Very cool! I assume you got it from that micro center like I did. Did it come with iLife '05?
  8. sw1tcher macrumors 65816

Jan 6, 2004
  9. JzzTrump22 macrumors 65816

Apr 13, 2004
    New York
    Thee are no trackpad problems with this model, it's the 1.5 12" with the scroll pad which has had some problems. BTW, if anyone wants the scrolling capability on your notebook, go on version tracker and download the program called iScroll. It allows you to do 2 finger scrolling on your trackpad. It only comes with wireless or bluetooth if you ordered it like that.
  10. crazydreaming macrumors 6502a

Apr 17, 2005
    Salt Lake City, UT -Westminster College
    Where did you get this hot deal? How much? Thanks
  11. javiercr macrumors 6502

Apr 12, 2005
    apple certified

i got my 1.3ghz 12" refurbished from apple.com certified shop in march after the new model came out , i don't actually rember the price but is was very cheap (it was the superdrive model) since it was both the older model and reburbished.

it came with iLife 04 installed and the iLife05 DVD which i didn't except so it was a nice surprise.
  12. sammyman thread starter macrumors 6502a

Mar 21, 2005
    I got my computer for $999.99 with a $35 shipping charge. I got it from microcenter.com. it is brand new. Called them on the phone, got the last one in their inventory, and now it is shipping. They should have more coming soon.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.