12" powerbook and external or..

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by nyprospect, Jul 9, 2004.

1. nyprospect macrumors 6502

Or just sell the monitor.Im considering buying a 12" powerbook and hooking it up to my sony lcd with dvi.Its going to be my main computer.What do i need to hook up the notebook to the monitor.Thanks in advance.

2. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

I love spanning my 12" PB rev. B. If your Sony has DVI, you are set the 12" ships with a mini-DVI to DVI adapter and a mini-DVI to VGA adapter.

3. nyprospect thread starter macrumors 6502

4. Flight16 macrumors newbie

Awesome. I was also looking at getting a 12" PB for my main system and going the external display route. Glad to hear it comes with the mini-DVI to DVI adapter. I'm a little worried about performance as my G3 800Mhz iBook I'm getting rid of is really laggy even with interface/menu stuff in some apps, but it sounds like the G4 > 1Ghz powerbooks are better. Now to find the perfect bluetooth keyboard and mouse...

5. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

What I have seen a small bit of chop in Expose when I am spanning with my rev. B. Nothing too terrible. Really only noticeable when i switch back and forth to test claims that some made here (I like seeing things for myself than having someone tell me what to believe) about 32mb video RAM and Expose when spanning.