12" powerbook battery not flush with case

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by tonywalker23, Apr 24, 2006.

1. tonywalker23 macrumors regular

Dec 21, 2003
    i have a old but great shape, 12" powerbook (867mhz)

the battery was flush with the rest of the case, couldnt even tell it was a seperate area really,

i opened it to put in a ae card and now there is a small line where its not as tight/flush against the rest of the computer.

any thoughts?
  2. Sutekidane macrumors 6502a

Jan 26, 2005
    Try to ignore it, it's common, and it doesn't affect anything anyway.
  3. MacTruck macrumors 65816

Jan 27, 2005
    One Endless Loop
    12" powerbook poorly designed. Nothing you can do about it.

4. Stinkythe1 macrumors regular

Mar 30, 2005
    The bottom left corner of the battery closest to the middle of the bottom of the case sticks out a little and makes the powerbook lopsided when it's sitting on my desk, and i have to stick a quarter one of the edges to make it level so when i type it doesnt bang around.

That was a long sentence.
  5. generik macrumors 601

Aug 5, 2005
    Maybe you should look at a Dell and see how flush its bottom is... :rolleyes:

Just live with it. Be happy that you paid twice the money and gotten what you've got :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
  6. Superdrive macrumors 6502a

Oct 21, 2003
    Dallas, Tx
    My 12in PowerBook has a new bulge in the back by the speaker. That is in addition to a dent in the front and a bulge on the other side. Besides, it is lopsided and my battery doesn't go flush with the case. As long as it runs, I am happy.

Here's hoping the 12in's successor will be a little better on the outside and a lot better on the inside :D .
  7. tonywalker23 thread starter macrumors regular

Dec 21, 2003
    ignore an imperfection ?!?! thts why i bought the apple powerbook

just kidding,

i know its being picky but when ever i lok at a powerbook that still looks like it id when i opened it except for opening around the battery, i cant help but want it fixed

thanks for the post
  8. BurtonCCC macrumors 65816

May 2, 2005
    Wheaton/Normal, IL
    This happened with mine. Took it to an Apple Store. They gave me a new battery, but it still happened. The Genius told me it's just something that happens with the 12" because the battery is part of the corner and that's an awkward spot for it. Also, the silver material is very, very bendable (you know what they say, iBooks scratch and PBooks dent), so keep that in mind. I find that my battery fit better when I only used the computer on a table, but when you use your PB on your lap, it heats up and bends like a paperclip. I know your pain, man. It drives me nuts because the computer is otherwise so darn pretty.

That was a really long way of saying this: I just deal with it and you should too.

And to that guy telling you that you should have bought a Dell, don't worry about him, just smile the next time a huge Windows virus is announced.