12" PowerBook Crashes to Floor, Walks Away Unharmed!

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by tjwett, Jun 26, 2006.

1. tjwett
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 68000

tjwett

this is insane. i came home late and half asleep the other night and climbed into bed. thinking it was a book i was reading earlier and had left in the bed, i shoved my 12" PowerBook clean off the bed onto the hardwood floor. it's at least a 3 foot drop. the second i felt it leave my hand i knew what i had done but it was too late. it landed with a nice loud thud and i quickly got up to check on it. i was expecting the worst because the last 12" PowerBook i had fell off the bed and the screen exploded and turned into a lava lamp. somehow, miraculously, this thing doesn't have a single_scratch on it. not a dent, not a scratch, not a single mark. nothing. it's as mint as the day i bought it. un-frigging-real. i'm using it right now. the physics angels must have saved this thing in mid air. i remember seeing an interview with a guy who's parachute didn't open and he plummeted to the ground and bounced a few times and got up and walked away without a scratch. his body just landed and reacted perfectly by some kind of freak chance. can't believe my crappy lappy didn't die on this one!

2. Josias
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 68000

Josias

1. Lucky you.
    2. How could you be so uncaring about your baby-book? BTW, what book weighs 2.1 kg?:p

3. iSaint
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 603

iSaint

The fact that your Powerbook walked is amazing in itself! :D :D

Glad she's ok. :)

4. Deepdale
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 68000

Deepdale

Very fortunate ending for you. I hope all is well as time passes because there may be residual effects that do not manifest themselves immediately after such an incident.

5. dcv
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors G3

I was thinking the same thing!

Oh and... it's not "baby-book", it's BabyBook™ ;)

6. mmmcheese
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 6502a

mmmcheese

So this isn't the first time you tossed your machine off the bed and onto the floor? How odd...

7. Josias
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 68000

Josias

Just off-topic, how do yuo write TM? Like you did?:D

BTW, my brother once nearly swept his iBook off a table falling over the powercord. Proves the power of MagSafe (TM):D

8. YS2003
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 68020

YS2003

You are as lucky as it can be. This is one of the reasons I use my computers at the computer desk at all times (not on bed nor kitchen table); by sticking with the same place, I know I can prevent this type of mistaken identify for the objects which are positioned away from the regular place.

9. dextertangocci
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 68000

10. YS2003
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 68020

YS2003

We should add "Not to repeat this at home (or with your car, such as this case)" as there are more new Mac-converts who are not too familiar with Macs.

11. dmw007
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors G4

dmw007

Glad to hear that everything is okay with your PowerBook G4, you should count your blessings tjwett that the incident did not go the other way. :)