12" Powerbook G4

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by bigalke45, Mar 9, 2008.

1. macrumors newbie

Mar 8, 2008
    Looking to sell my 12" Powerbook 1.33 G4 with maxed out ram and 80 gig hard drive. I was wondering what kind of a deal I can expect to get, as I am looking to upgrade to either a Macbook or iMac soon. This is my last semester of college and I have used this Powerbook all 4 years and it has worked great and remains in good shape. Any suggestions, or anyone interested, would help greatly, as this is my first post ever and I am just trying to get an idea of what kind of money I can expect. Thanks in advance
  2. macrumors 68000

Feb 2, 2007
    Ontario Canada
  3. macrumors 68040

Dec 27, 2003
    Portland, OR

If anyone offers you $750 for it, sell it immediately. You won't get as much as a new Macbook, but anywhere from $500-$800 is fairly reasonable.

I have a 1.5ghz with everything maxed out and I've received bids in that range.
  4. thread starter macrumors newbie

Mar 8, 2008
    Thanks for the quick responses. I do not expect to make enough for a new mac, but I would just pay the difference for whatever mac I end up getting this summer. Also, another question I should have posted, where is the best place to sell a used mac (ebay, maybe)? I am not sure if it is against rules to make sell macs in these forums or not, but would it be a good idea to search for a buyer in the forums here? Thanks again, I read posts on this site all the time and I think I remember people in the past making deals through these forums
  5. macrumors 68000

Dec 17, 2006
    East Lansing, MI
    There are alot of people who really like the 12 PB. I bet you can get more than you would think. There isn't anything in this form factor, if that is what you want...
  6. macrumors 6502

Mar 1, 2008
    Just sold mine in November...

I just sold my 12 inch in november last year. 1.5ghz g4, 100gb 7200rpm drive, 1.25gb ram, superdrive, etc. I got $900 from craigslist.