12" powerbook, have the screens been upgraded?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by ZildjianKX, Jun 14, 2004.

1. ZildjianKX macrumors 68000

ZildjianKX

I was thinking about buying a new 12" PB, but I've heard some discussion about the screens possibly being upgraded during this revision. I've used a 1 GHz 12" PB hooked up to a 17" studio display, and it just looked horrible together since the PB's screen was so much dimmer. Has anyone tried a new 12" yet to see if the screen is any better/brighter?

2. oingoboingo macrumors 6502a

oingoboingo

I recently sold my rev B 1GHz 12" PowerBook, and upgraded to a rev C 1.33GHz 12" PowerBook. I would definitely say the screen on the rev C is brighter...there is quite a noticeable difference in screen quality betweeen rev B and rev C in my opinion. Sorry I don't have any solid evidence or scientific measurements of the difference in brightness, but subjectively at least, the new screen is brighter.

3. ZildjianKX thread starter macrumors 68000

ZildjianKX

Hey, thanks for the quick response. I appreciate the input. Overall, are you pretty happy with the rev C 12"? Some of my friends were considering buying one and were wondering how well it plays WC3... I don't suppose you would know that, would you? :p

4. JzzTrump22 macrumors 65816

ask in the game forum, you'll get a lot of responses.

5. oingoboingo macrumors 6502a

oingoboingo

The Rev C is an excellent notebook. I have no regrets after incurring a small financial loss to sell my Rev B and upgrade to the Rev C. It is noticeably faster, has a brighter screen, and also appears to run cooler.

I do have Warcraft III here, but it's only installed on my G5. I can install and benchmark it on the 12" PB if you'd like. Are there any benchmarking scripts or FPS counters in WC III? I've never benchmarked using WC III before.