Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MoparShaha

Contributor
Original poster
May 15, 2003
San Francisco
So I've had my 1GHz PowerBook 12" for 10 months now, and not a single problem. Just today though, it's started making this faint, but maddening high-pitched sound. From reading other posts, and from deduction, I have narrowed it down to the graphics card. For example, when I scroll a page, the sound stops, but then comes back when I stop scrolling.

I know there has been talk of this type of sound from PowerBooks before, but that was usually when accessing SSL sites or looking at picture previews in the Finder. This is happening constantly, and I think it's actually giving me a headache. Does anyone have any experience with this? I don't want to look like a fool going into the Apple Store and telling them my PowerBook is making a faint high-pitched sound that probably won't even be audible in the store.

On a related note, my warranty will be up in October, and I don't want this to be a sympton of a problem that will manifest itself after my warranty is up.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.