12' Powerbook in stock!!!!!

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by blacksun73, Jan 29, 2003.

1. macrumors newbie

Hard time finding that 12"? We have them in stock!!! Let me know . 1-800-622-6222 ext 20561 MacWarehouse.

2. macrumors member

This sounds alot like a computer generated message.:(

3. macrumors 68000

MacFan25

I wonder when the Apple stores and re-sellers will get the new PowerBooks in. Or do they already have them in?

4. macrumors 6502

some stores (I saw one at an apple store) have the 12" store-demo models, but I don't know when they will be available to buy.

5. macrumors 68020

G4scott

My local CompUSA just put theirs out yesterday (tuesday). I think I was the first person to actually look at it, because after a while, a guy came up and said that he'd just put it out 10 minutes ago...

The thing he did say that makes me wonder, is that they don't know how they're going to display the 17" PowerBook, since it's so wide, and their notebook locking mechanisms aren't that big... They can give one to me for safe keeping :D

6. Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

Saw the boxes out at our campus bookstore...all black, very slick.

No demo model out yet. :(

7. macrumors 6502

Got it!

My 12" PowerBook arrived from MacWarehouse this morning.

Free printer & case arrived yesterday. No sign of free battery yet.

I posted Xbench results in another thread. I won't have time to evaluate the new PowerBook until this weekend.

moby1

8. macrumors regular

if you get the new 12", make a photo-diary of when you pick it out of the box!

9. thread starter macrumors newbie

Geez, I have never been told I sound like a computer. LOL . Just wanted to let people know that we had 12 in stock. I was reading peoples posts about their estimated ship dates and for some reason we got an early shipment.

10. macrumors 6502a

CompUSA in NYC has it (the store demo model). I just saw it yesterday. It's pretty sweet, but the curved edges make it look too much like an iBook. I liked the more linear, straight edge design of the 15" TiBook better, plus the aluminum doesen't feel quite as nice, somehow. Still, the thing is tiny! I'know a lot of people who would love one of these things...;)

11. macrumors regular

In Stock in Dallas

If you are in Dallas, TX both stores have them. Apple Store WillowBend has no SuperDrive equipped ones and last night only had one combo drive that was on hold for someone. The manager told me that the other Apple Store in Dallas, (Apple Store Knox Street), may still have some in stock being that they are new and likely got more of the new hardware than what he had.

12. macrumors 604

iShater

Schaumburg (Woodfield) Apple Store had the 12" PBs since this past weekend, they also have the Superdrive version.

I almost bought one on Monday! Almost .... :(

13. macrumors regular

I GOT MINE!!!

I got my 12 PB today it is awesome so sleek and cold and it has that new computer smell about it.

14. macrumors newbie

I am feeling giddy

I got an email this morning that my PB12" shipped from Taiwan. I ordered on Jan 11 and the date the apple store gave me was Feb 11 so, if you ordered around that time, keep your eyes peeled.

This is my first mac purchase even though I have been using macs at school for ever. I am also looking forward to the dual 1.25 I just put an order in for to replace the dying AGP 400 PM.

15. macrumors 6502

Re: I am feeling giddy

Was yours a Superdrive model?

16. macrumors newbie

Re: Re: I am feeling giddy

Yes, Superdrive and maxed out memory. No Airport Extreme.

I got it through the student ADC deal and since it was a one-time only deal, I went all out. Saved 20 % on the price too. :)

17. macrumors regular

Target Disk

Does anyone know how to do Target Disk mode so I can transfer my files across? Do both machines need Jaguar as my iMac only has 10.1 or is there another way?

18. Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

Re: Target Disk

If your iMac has Firewire all you need to do is hook up a firewire cable between the two, and boot the machine while holding "T" on the keyboard.

19. macrumors regular

It does have FIrewire, I have hooked them up then restarted the iMac with holding T down but nothing happened are you sure it is not a Jaguar thing? Do both computers have to be restarted?

20. macrumors 68010

evoluzione

down the road, that's where i'll always be
    12" AiBook keyboard

i saw the 12" powerbook in the SoHo NYC apple store, and the keyboard is disgusting... anyone else think that??? enough to make me forget about wanting that and instead waiting to afford the 17" even if it is overkill. i keep thinking the new 12" is like an iBook with a G4 processor, rather than a small PB. :rolleyes:

21. macrumors 604

iShater

Re: 12" AiBook keyboard

disgusting i what sense? it looked fine to me. It looked nice actually except that having the letters in the middle looked different.

22. macrumors demi-god

szark

Try it the other way -- boot the iMac normally, and the PB in target disk mode.

From Apple Support:

I also saw the 12" PB today at the Apple Store. I like the case materials/design, but I don't know if I prefer the new keyboard or the Ti keyboard.

23. macrumors 6502

Re: Re: Re: I am feeling giddy

Mine was through ADC also, with maxed everything and AE basestation, but they still say Feb. 18 until mine ships. Hurry Powerbook, our 20" display shipped yesterday and I'm really going to be itching for my book when I can stare at it on Apple's website in the 20" Cinema window.

24. macrumors newbie

Re: I am feeling giddy

Patience, young grasshopper. Mine said Feb 11 till last night too. I bet that you will hear from apple by Monday or Tuesday.

25. Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Yeah, Apple seems to have fixed most of its January 2003 supply issues. :)