12" PowerBook Makes Happy Sundays

Discussion in 'Community' started by dabirdwell, Feb 9, 2003.

1. dabirdwell macrumors 6502

Well, even though my new 12" came with a slightly warped screen and I may still have to send it back, it has been fantastic to have for the first few days.

On Sundays my fiance works and our two and a half year old son and I spend the day together. It's the only day of the week that we watch TV in the morning. He likes the cartoons and animal shows with juice and bagels and I go for the news shows and coffee.

We can sometimes have a hard time compromising, but recently we have been watching early animal shows together (Nature etc.) and talking about what we learn, then I would rather see a news show or two, and Oscar is usually not too happy about that.

But with my new PowerBook I can get at least a little time to keep up with what's happening in the world, and Oz can watch one movie a week that's whatever he wants (among kid movies that won't make him dumb, at least).

Check it out- In the cardboard play house for a nap with his own screen-

Attached Files:

2. dabirdwell thread starter macrumors 6502

3. alex_ant macrumors 68020

alex_ant

Ah, fortresses of blankets & cardboard boxes... I miss being a kid :)

Although back then, the family computer was a Tandy 8088 PC with 384K of RAM, so I was not nearly so spoiled!

4. dabirdwell thread starter macrumors 6502

Mine was a monochrome Tandy Too

I remember how impressed I was when computers got real sound, he will never even see some of the technology we grew up with, and I'm only 25!