12" Powerbook white dots

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by Nik_Doof, Jan 17, 2004.

1. Nik_Doof macrumors regular

Ok, i'm getting worried now, i've got 2 white dots that have progressively got worse since i got my pb in october...

Slight white dots in bottom corners of my screen. Anyone else having this sorta problem? Is it worth me ringing Apple?

2. tjwett macrumors 68000

tjwett

YES! i have one and it's driving me nuts, getting worse too. got my 12" in May.

i wonder if these are the same spots owners of new 15" AluBooks are complaining about.

3. mms macrumors 6502a

I thought this problem doesn't happen with 12", just the 15"... at least I've never heard of it happen with the 12. Hmm.

4. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Re: 12" Powerbook white dots

I may just be a problem with dead pixels, check out this thread.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=47977&highlight=dead+pixels

5. Nik_Doof thread starter macrumors regular

nope not dead or stuck pixels, its not pure white just like the backlight is stronger there if u know what i mean... It does sound like the 15" problem, i might of had it from day one but i've only noticed recently.

6. nghall macrumors newbie

Did you manage to sort the problem with the pixels out? I have a friend with the same thing happening to his 15".

7. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    uh oh its spreading, call apple asap i mean ur under warranty and that is what its there for