12'' Rev A PB Fan noise & 10.3.2

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by Koodauw, Feb 5, 2004.

1. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

Hello, I have a 12'' 867Mhz PB. I a while back I updated to 10.3.2, and noticed the fan can on much more frequently with this update. I did some reading and I guess Apple lowered the temp. at which the fan is turned on. It seems this is happening to everyone. Now, while I know it is not a big deal, it really does drive my crazy that this fans is now running all the time. Am I alone in this thought? Has anyone found a solution to this, or is it really much better for my machine if this fan is running all the time? I tried a program called SilentNight that I found on Versiontracker.com that was supposed to replace the 10.3.2 files with the older ones from 10.3.1, However it did not seem to work for me. I am thinking about reverting back 10.3.1 if this continues. Any thoughts on if this a good/ bad idea, or if there are any other solutions? Any thoughts on the matter are much appreciated.

Thanks

2. Hodapp macrumors 6502a

Hodapp

Consider cooler hardware lasts longer before failing, then re-evaluate whether or not you want to complain about having the temperature triggers lowered. :)