Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

stevejobscovertiteled-500x340.png

The Steve Jobs biography is now available in the U.S. on Apple's iBooks. The book had been rolling out across the world and is now available in all regions.

The book is an authorized biography by Walter Isaacson that has received positive reviews as many facts have leaked in the days before its official release. Steve Jobs, himself, reached out to Isaacson to suggest the author write a biography on Jobs. At the time of the initial offer, Isaacson was unaware of Steve Jobs' declining health. Isaacson had asked Jobs prior to his passing why he had agreed to participate:
In order to mask my emotion, I asked the one question that was still puzzling me: Why had he been so eager, during close to 50 interviews and conversations over the course of two years, to open up so much for a book when he was usually so private? "I wanted my kids to know me," he said. "I wasn't always there for them, and I wanted them to know why and to understand what I did."
Jobs passed away on October 5th from pancreatic cancer.

The book is also available in hard copy at Amazon.

Article Link: Steve Jobs Biography Now Available in U.S. On iBooks

esposimi

macrumors member
Feb 18, 2008
It's available on Kindle too, just got pushed to my apps on iPod, Mac, and TouchPad

iDisk

macrumors 6502a
Jan 2, 2010
Menlo Park, CA
In memory of Steve Im sure people will have a Digital copy and Physical copy.... Reminding us the Digital impact he and his company had on our lives, but a physical copy to remind us, he has in a way, inspired us on a more "physical" sense in our lives.

briankwest77

macrumors member
Feb 26, 2010
Downloaded on iBooks but you can't read it all the text is squished up and stacked. Anyone else notice this?

/b

mox358

macrumors 6502a
May 22, 2002
Indiana
Pre-ordered and iTunes still shows it as coming Oct. 24... in the iBooks app it shows it as available to buy though?

Since I pre-ordered will mine not download until midnight?

nasa25

macrumors 65816
Apr 11, 2010
canada
So I preordered this and now it's gone from my "purchased" list as a preorder, not in my bookshelf but freely available for download. So what was the point in me preordering?

TBRAMS

macrumors member
Nov 1, 2010
Pre-ordered and iTunes still shows it as coming Oct. 24... in the iBooks app it shows it as available to buy though?

Since I pre-ordered will mine not download until midnight?

Cancel your pre-order and download it.
goto your account
sign in
scroll down to "manage pre orders" hit cancel

saving107

macrumors 603
Oct 14, 2007
San Jose, Ca
is there an audio version for the book yet?

I thought I read somewhere that audible.com was going to have an audio version, but they don't provide a link yet.

I can't wait till Barnes and Noble opens tomorrow morning, I want the Hard Cover Book. An employee at Target showed me the book yesterday (and tried to sell it to me, but the register wouldn't allow it), its thick and intimidating, but I want to read it.

meeks

macrumors regular
May 1, 2005
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPad; CPU OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Just purchased on iPad and going to begin reading now. Looks like it will be a long night.

japanime

macrumors 68030
Feb 27, 2006
Japan
In both the Kindle and iBooks version, there's a typo on the very first page following the Table to Contents (in the "Characters" section). The reference to Sōtō zen is incorrectly spelled with an extra "o" — Soōtoō.

Oops! Or, should that be "Oōps!"? :D

A minor error, definitely. But still surprising, given that this book is coming from a major publishing house, and is expected to live up to Apple's high standards for quality.

Anyway, I'm curious as to whether this same typo found its way into hardback version of the book.

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
OK, I'm confused. I preordered the book a while ago. Shortly after 11:00 I got an email notifying me that the book was ready for download. However, when I went into iTunes to do it, it wasn't listed as ready for download or among my purchases? For some reason I'd thought it would automatically download into my computer(s) and iPad and iPhone?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.