Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

landing-hero-bf-teaser-calendar.jpeg
As noted by MacStories, Apple has started posting teaser announcements about their Black Friday holiday sale for Friday, November 25th. The teaser first appeared on their Australian online store and will likely be propagating around the world.
The special one-day Apple shopping event. This Friday, November 25.

Mark your calendar now, and come back to the Apple Online Store for the special one-day event. You'll discover amazing iPad, iPod and Mac gifts for everyone on your list.
Apple's discounts are typically relatively small compared to other retailers. Last year, Apple offered $101 discounts on their iMac, MacBook Pro and MacBook Air lines, with $11-$41 discounts on the iPods and iPads.

Article Link: Apple Announces (Black Friday) Holiday Sale for Friday, November 25th

troop231

macrumors 603
Jan 20, 2010
Been wanting two Thunderbolt Displays :)

Hopefully they go down just a bit in price.

ChrisTX

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2009
Texas
In the market for an iPad 2 for my mom let's hope it gets discounted at least somewhat.

Kendo

macrumors 68020
Apr 4, 2011
Does anyone know if these discounts stack with educational or EPP discounts?

Aboo

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2008
Does anyone know if these discounts stack with educational or EPP discounts?

No they don't stack. This is basically a lukewarm deal for those who already have access to the EDU or EPP pricing. Basically ends up being about $1 cheaper than EDU pricing.

Also, last year IIRC, the Air was discounted only $51 not $101 like the article suggests.

DisMyMac

macrumors 65816
Sep 30, 2009
Then why would anyone go to the store tomorrow or Wednesday? They should just have it all week.

Sofabutt

macrumors member
Oct 29, 2007
[url=http://cdn2.macrumors.com/im/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png]Image[/url]

As noted by MacStories, Apple has started posting teaser announcements about their Black Friday holiday sale for Friday, November 25th. The teaser first appeared on their Australian online store and will likely be propagating around the world.Apple's discounts are typically relatively small compared to other retailers. Last year, Apple offered $101 discounts on their iMac, MacBook Pro and MacBook Air lines, with $11-$41 discounts on the iPods and iPads.

Article Link: Apple Announces (Black Friday) Holiday Sale for Friday, November 25th

Apple's Black Friday events have always been disappointing. Similar discounts can be had from Apple outlets throughout the year. I wouldn't get your hopes up people. Apple always disappoints in this area.

heyloo

macrumors 6502
Nov 2, 2006
NY
Blargh, 3rd week now with my MBA...maybe I should've waited...well I guess I did know BF was coming up but pulled the trigger anyway, so fault's on me :(

dashtekahe

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2011
I need $25 itunes code. Where should I buy it online that they can send the code via email?
I need it for buying the apps.

There is no Apple store where I am living to buy them.

dashtekahe

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2011
You can get iTunes gift cars almost anywhere lol.

That "anywhere" is not working for me.LOL
Anywhere I am trying they say this itunes card can be used in the US app store. I am not in the US and my account is under Malaysia.

tylerk36

macrumors member
Feb 22, 2009
Black friday sale at Apple? How many people have seen major discounts at apple other than educational? At best Apple will have minimal discounts. Nothing to gawk at.:(

erzhik

macrumors 6502
Dec 2, 2010
Their stuff flies off the shelves with no discount. That why they don't participate.

They are a business like any other, they want to maximize profits. Giving a fair discount on BF would only drive more consumers and potential Apple fans into stores. Not participating in BF makes no sense. Give a fair $100 discount on some items, and you will only drive revenue up by selling a lot more products.

$100 may not sound that substantial, but on BF buyers are in that kind of psychological state where they buy everything that sounds like a deal. $100 off sounds like a great deal even though it really isn't.

JAT

macrumors 603
Dec 31, 2001
Mpls, MN
No they don't stack. This is basically a lukewarm deal for those who already have access to the EDU or EPP pricing. Basically ends up being about $1 cheaper than EDU pricing.

Also, last year IIRC, the Air was discounted only $51 not $101 like the article suggests.

There are/were many different discounts, including $101 on the highest priced Airs. Try the link in the article.

This is not to say that Apple's discounts are anything great. Basically only worth it if you happen to be in the market around the end of Nov.

lfc

macrumors regular
Oct 20, 2010
Australia
I bet if they raised all the prices for Black Friday people would still camp out.

I bet if there was a story about Steve Jobs single handedly saving five babies from a burning house and ending the war on terror at the same time, you would still make a negative post about it.

AidenShaw

macrumors P6
Feb 8, 2003
The Peninsula
I bet if there was a story about Steve Jobs single handedly saving five babies from a burning house and ending the war on terror at the same time, you would still make a negative post about it.

Jobs is gone. Get over it. We're in the post-Jobs era.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.