12inch powerbook 1ghz bench

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by brutus, Oct 28, 2003.

1. brutus macrumors member

As I am still waiting for my 1 ghz 12 inch pb (delivery to germany seems to be a bit slower) I haven't seen any benchmark about the new model, especially considering grafics performance.

Any one knows a review with benchmarks?!

Thx!!!

2. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

well, other than graphics, it should be the same as the 15" 1 Ghz Albook, which has benchmarks on barefeats.com

3. brutus thread starter macrumors member

thx for the answer. I've seen them but as the grafics and the ram differ I would like to see some benchmark on the 12inch model. As I usually play on a desktop pc gaming is not so important on my pb, but I would like to play at least when I'am travelling (i.e. army ops). My old pb 667 ti with ati 7500 and 32 was quite weak so I hope for some improvements!

4. mattroberts macrumors regular

mattroberts

5. brutus thread starter macrumors member

Exactly what I was looking for! Thanks a lot.

And very interesting. The 1 ghz Tibook with its radeon 9000 is still faster then the new 12al book and, suprisingly, then the new 1 ghz 15al! This is strange cause it has faster ram and faster grafics! how come?! But the results seem to be right cause a german journal got the same when comparing the 1ghz ti and alloy... Not a real step forward, especially when batteries are weaker as well!

Thanks again!

6. mattroberts macrumors regular

mattroberts

no prob.

i was under the impression that the 15in Ti had 64 megs of video ram. that woud surely be an issue. on the quake trials.

overall i wasn't expecting a huge leap in performance between the two(15in ti and 12in PB) and they comeout in a more or less dead heat in most of the trials except in the mpeg 2 encode and quake3.

though i would have liked a greater spread between the two essentially they are the same beast inside it seems. Also i'm hoping for somebetter drivers from nvidia(ya i know, Goodluck!) to unleash the power on the video front nvidia support in the mac world is awfull. I believe Apple is in charge of support for the drivers ?!? which doesn't make me sleep better at night.

hopefully i'll get my friends ti and my 12in (yayy its shipping!) and conduct a few of our own 'trials'

cheers
    m