Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bp1000

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 7, 2011
Today i ran purely on battery for my days work

I did my usual tasks, loads of browsing, adwords, chat, terminal, coding

My battery is currently reporting 3 minutes remaining

That gives a total of 8 hours on battery but that includes 1 hour sleep for lunch

I must admit that sounds too fantasy as it's exactly 7 hours on battery, but if i'm honest i've got 3 minutes remaining and i'm 10mins from the 8 hour mark.

I have been running default settings, bluetooth on but asleep, wifi on all the time, lower automatic brightness and screen dim and sleep on default.

Awesome battery life. i5 1.7ghz.

unagimiyagi

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2009
Today i ran purely on battery for my days work

I did my usual tasks, loads of browsing, adwords, chat, terminal, coding

My battery is currently reporting 3 minutes remaining

That gives a total of 8 hours on battery but that includes 1 hour sleep for lunch

I must admit that sounds too fantasy as it's exactly 7 hours on battery, but if i'm honest i've got 3 minutes remaining and i'm 10mins from the 8 hour mark.

I have been running default settings, bluetooth on but asleep, wifi on all the time, lower automatic brightness and screen dim and sleep on default.

Awesome battery life. i5 1.7ghz.

What is your brightness level of the screen? How many bars out of 15?

nycesquire

macrumors newbie
Jul 22, 2011
What is the battery life like in windows? The 2010 13" MBA had roughly the same battery life in windows as in OSX, unlike the current MBP, which has poor windows battery life.

I'm trying to find a review (early yet, I know) of windows battery life on the new MBA 13"

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.