13 inch MBA battery concerns?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Onimusha370, Feb 16, 2011.

1. macrumors 6502a

Aug 25, 2010
    i've been using the ultimate 13 inch MBA for about 3 weeks now, and i'm loving it, but i'm concerned about the battery life. i'm getting roughly 5 hours on a full charge, and my screens at half brightness and i'm only using facebook and macrumours (rarely any video sites). editing in imovie takes the battery life to about 2:30 on a full charge... and logic's equally bad.

i might be worrying for nothing, but does this seem a bit low to anyone else?
  2. macrumors Westmere

May 16, 2008
    It's quite normal. This should answer most, if not all, of your battery questions:
  3. macrumors 65816

Jun 9, 2009
    The Black Lodge
    CPU-intensive tasks such as video and audio editing, will pull a lot more power from your battery. 5 hours is ok with half brightness and the wifi on.
  4. macrumors newbie

Jan 27, 2011
    That's about what I'm getting as well. Usually have to charge for about 2 hrs to get from ~20% battery back up to ~100%. Brighter screen = more battery
  5. macrumors regular

May 27, 2008
    Here, there, and everywhere
    Macrumors has flash adds which might account for shorter battery life than expected. You could do similar test with different non-flash sites.

I am considering MBA as well. I even debating to get 11'' version, but quoted 5-hour battery life is likely more 2-3 hours which is getting kinda short.

Cheers, R>
  6. macrumors 6502a

Jan 16, 2011
    Ontario, Canada
    Use clicktoflash to extend battery life