13" Macbook Supply?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by mcpix, Apr 24, 2006.

1. mcpix macrumors regular

May 13, 2005
    Ok, my views are probably a little skewed because I've been waiting for the iBook replacement since the end of last year, and think everyone wants one just like me. However, I think there could be a high demand (tight supply) for the new 13" Macbook when it finally ships. Heres why:

First, you've got the people like me with an older iBook looking to upgrade. This group itself is pretty big, because it's been awhile since the last update. Plus, the last couple of iBook updates were pretty meager.

Second, you've got all the 12" PB people who want to upgrade, plus all the other PB folks who didn't want to spend $2K on a new MBP. Again, this is a pretty big group of potential buyers.

Third, you have the switchers, students and Mac newbies. If the 13" Macbook comes in around $1,000 - $1,300, I think it will be the computer of choice for this group.

Finally, with Boot Camp, even XP lovers can have a cool 13" laptop for around $1,000.

I'm hoping that Apple is anticipating a high demand for the new 13" Macbook and that they've pushed the debut back to build up inventory.

It would really suck to have the 13" released, and then still have to wait a couple of months to get one!
  2. rockandrule macrumors 6502

Aug 3, 2004
    Jacksonville, FL