Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Last week, Network World shared a long-lost internal Apple video from 1984 featuring a brief cameo by Steve Jobs in the role of President Franklin D. Roosevelt. Given the early 1980s production value and Apple's alternate universe take on its battle with IBM, the video naturally sparked an array of reactions from around the Apple community,

jobs_blue_buster.jpg

But now another internal Apple video from the same timeframe is gaining some renewed attention for its inclusion of Jobs in another cameo appearance. The video, entitled "Blue Busters", is a spoof of the movie "Ghostbuster" using a reworked version of the film's theme song. And while edited clips of the video including an appearance by Steve Wozniak have been floating around for some time, Network World earlier this week posted an uncut version of the video which includes Jobs' brief appearances.

Jobs' cameos appear at the 3:00 and 4:04 marks in the video, while Wozniak makes an appearance at 2:21.

Apple's "1944" and "Blue Busters" videos demonstrate the company's commitment to taking on IBM in the corporate world, an effort that saw Apple making forays into printers and other peripherals in an attempt to gain a foothold with businesses. But between expensive machines and a lack of software, Apple experienced only limited success despite some devoted fans of its innovations.

Article Link: Steve Jobs Appeared in Apple's Original 1984 'Blue Busters' Video Spoof of 'Ghostbusters'

iDemiurge

macrumors 6502
Feb 7, 2011
Portugal
Geez, man, Jobs should have been a comedy actor...

Now can you picture Bill Murray introducing the iPhone?

"Well, it makes calls... I guess."

Small White Car

macrumors G4
Aug 29, 2006
Washington DC
Speaking as someone who works in this part of the video-production industry: You all have no idea.

Thanks to the internet there are now many of these things leaking out, but there are still a ton that stay hidden. I'm betting every CEO in America has something more awkward than this hidden away somewhere. I was responsible for a couple of them!

writingdevil

macrumors 6502
Feb 11, 2010
Let the man keep some of his dignity.

From the perspective of a solidly serious mind and being, these things may appear undignified, but he loved what he did and the way he had fun was pretty outrageous, although my uncle would probably agree with the idea this was undignified, although my uncle isn't terribly creative.

Krazy Bill

macrumors 68030
Dec 21, 2011
I remember those days with my '84 Macintosh'. I used it in the biz world. Microsoft Excel kicked ass on that thing with a mere 128kb of RAM.

Too bad it overheated and caught fire one day. Seriously. :eek:

bbeagle

macrumors 68040
Oct 19, 2010
Buffalo, NY
I guess people aren't just one dimensional. :rolleyes:

But Ghostbusters is a little dated. Why didn't Steve do something more current like an Avengers movie spoof?

jeffreyropp

macrumors member
Jun 23, 2009
Ouch

Even Ray Parker Jr is cringing somewhere.

No Vinz Clortho (Keymaster of Gozer)? Disappointed....

PodPacker

macrumors regular
Oct 23, 2006
The Movie "Ghostbuster"

GHOSTBUSTER?!!!
Really?
WTF
What about the movie Star War or The Remain of the Day or even better One Samurai?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.