Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

H. Flower

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2008
As a huge fan of Apple's advertising, I hate the SIRI campaign.

Apple is best at tapping into the HUMAN experience; not indulging in celebrities talking to "a robot"... an application that most of us know rarely works to begin with.

Zoeey Deschanel asking her phone if it's raining outside!?!? Really?!?!?

Enough!!!!!

ECUpirate44

macrumors 603
Mar 22, 2010
NC
I miss the Get a Mac campaign.
apple-get-a-mac-surgery.jpg

NebulaClash

macrumors 68000
Feb 4, 2010
This is Apple saying to the competition: Can you do this, punk? Well, can you?

"Evening."

A one-word food item.

These aren't well-formed queries, but Siri handles it because it learns your ways of talking. This is Apple showing the world how much more fun (and less work) Siri is than any other "voice recognition" engine. Siri is so much more than just that.

swingerofbirch

macrumors 68040
This seems like a post-modern critique of Siri more than it does an ad. It shows a listless man, alone, talking to a robot about rather inane things. It's actually quite interesting as a piece of art. Just like the one with Zoey Daschannel, had the tone been darker, would have been a rather sad (in a good way) piece of art (a woman who can see that it's raining asks her phone if it's raining—if that's not black humor I don't know what is).

I have to mute the Sam Jackson ad because I don't know of anyone else who cools their gazpacho using ice and who would wait an hour to do so or would need a reminder to do so. It's too vexing to hear over and over.

bs-2010

macrumors member
Jun 23, 2011
Anyone else happen to think of this?

"Fitter, happier, more productive,
Comfortable,
Not drinking too much,
Regular exercise at the gym
(Three days a week),"

:)

rawdawg

macrumors 6502a
Jan 7, 2009
Brooklyn
Remember when Apple made desktop computers? Yeah, those were the days... Now it's iCrap, celebrity ads, and publicity.

In 10 years Apple will be no different than the behemoth it originally set to be better than. Gotta love shareholders.

Rocketman

macrumors 603
The first ad seems to be a "dramatization" and not something Siri would actually say in response to the cue in the ad.

Bring back Mac and PC to argue over how the good old days didn't involve stealing ideas like the current phone wars, then clarify it is (/sarcasm).

Rocketman

Last edited:

skottichan

macrumors 65816
Oct 23, 2007
Columbus, OH
Remember when Apple made desktop computers? Yeah, those were the days... Now it's iCrap, celebrity ads, and publicity.

In 10 years Apple will be no different than the behemoth it originally set to be better than. Gotta love shareholders.

I know right, I'm glad Sony sold me my iMac...

Oh wait. Apple still makes desktops, I forgot.

TMay

macrumors 68000
Dec 24, 2001
Carson City, NV
Osborne... Cox?

"I have a drinking problem? You're Mormon. Next to you, everybody has a drinking Problem".

(Burn After Reading)

Up next; Kevin Smith.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.