14" iBook LCD detached from frame at hinge help!

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by iFry, Aug 6, 2006.

1. iFry macrumors member

Jul 30, 2006
    the iBook I'm using, belongs to the school my mom works at because my laptop died. it fell off the couch and i heard some good snapping noises. everything looks fine except that, especially in the area between the hinges, the frame for the lcd sticks out away from the lcd towards the keyboard...

i can't find where a screw or any kind of snap holds the lcd to the frame to kill the space between them. if anyone has any ideas please help :confused:
  2. iBookG4user macrumors 604

Jun 27, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    did you try to put some computer glue on it to see if that holds it in place?
  3. iFry thread starter macrumors member

Jul 30, 2006
    not yet, i'm petrified to start gluing stuff... this isn't my laptop that's the biggest problem right now... i don't see why there isn't anything already to hold it in place??
  4. icec0ld macrumors member

Mar 1, 2006
    err consider callin apple on that one. i dont think itd be smart to start glueing crap together....
  5. iFry thread starter macrumors member

Jul 30, 2006
    i was just hopin somebody might have some experience/knowledge on this... repair service is usually texa$... trying to avoid as much as possible
  6. YahoKa macrumors newbie

Aug 15, 2006
    That is probably the bezel frame snapping. There is a stff metal frame that holds the plastic flush to the LCD, and if it breaks the plastic won't sit properly. The repair is $50-100 in parts, and can be done without too much difficulty if you're comfortable working with computers.