Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mussolini

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 20, 2005
I have $2000 and its buring a hole in my pocket! I do *minor* video editing in school - do i get the ibook 14 pimped out with ram and the free mini, OR wait and get the new PB 12' , whenever that might be..... I've been seeking unregistered advice on this site for 6 mo now, and I STILL have no idea what to do........ my credit card is locked, loaded, and ready to go....

paperinacup

macrumors 6502
Mar 30, 2005
Well if the updates come it looks like they MAY phase out the 12" PB. But I am starting to have doubts about the updates... :(

KittenKrusher

macrumors regular
Jul 24, 2005
I am buying a new PB as soon as I get my $1000 refund from my college. Whether new ones are out or not, however I do hope new ones are out.

FocusAndEarnIt

macrumors 601
May 29, 2005
Get a 14" iBook. I do more than just minor video editing and it does GREAT. And that's with 1.5GB RAM.

Get the 14" I love mine to death. :)

AJ Muni

macrumors 65816
Aug 4, 2005
Miami
get the 12" pb.....look u had people waiting for the paris expo, and look nothing got updated. they were all just rumors... like we say here, if u need it now, buy it now, if u wanna wait, then wait. IMO i wouldnt like to buy a rev A intel pb...so if u wanna wait till JUNE be my guest....i bought mine aug 28, 2005, and even though i heard of the possible updates, I SAID F IT...and im glad i did...(got the free mini)...

mussolini

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 20, 2005
[QUOTEi bought mine aug 28, 2005, and even though i heard of the possible updates, I SAID F IT...and im glad i did...(got the free mini)..

Yeah - I'm gonna wait until at least tomorrow though....

California

macrumors 68040
Aug 21, 2004
Get a 14" ibook. Stuff it with fastest speed ram. Sell it when you see the powerbook you want and switch out the ram. I love my 14" iBook.

mussolini

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 20, 2005
California said:
Get a 14" ibook. Stuff it with fastest speed ram. Sell it when you see the powerbook you want and switch out the ram. I love my 14" iBook.

That is so good.... where is the best RAM????? how much $$$$ to go to 1.5?

California

macrumors 68040
Aug 21, 2004
I've been very lucky with new ram on eBay. I got Kingston top of the line ram (their ValueRam doesn't work well on Macs) for my old line of Titianum Powerbooks. But since I've purchased three ibooks recently, two new and one mint slightly used, I realized that Apple puts Samsung ram in their new machines OEM. So I found some sellers on eBay who got me Samsung new ram pretty cheap. A 266 rated iBook runs up to 333 (backwards compatible) and I got 2700pc ram, even tho it says it is 266/2100pc, which works in current line of PBs as well. Check out the 333/2700 new Samsung -- has been brilliant for me
around $145 shipped with insurance for one gig. (Always get insurance on eBay purchases).

mussolini

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 20, 2005
lol ..Hey, I'm from Canada - we use metric - it was a two horse race between ' and " ...... I guess I lost...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.