14" iBook refurbs

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by memphismac, Jul 13, 2005.

1. memphismac macrumors member

My wife has fallen in love with the 14" iBook, so add me to the list of people playing the should I wait or buy game.

But my real question is does the lack of available 14" iBook refurbs mean anything as far as updates go?

I know some people use shipping times as tea leaves for update predictions, and I didn't know if refurb availability was similar.

2. SpaceMagic macrumors 68000

SpaceMagic

Lack of refurbs = lack of problems with that model line - a good indication for a good product line.

You see, as I'm sure you know, Refurb macs can range from DOA products sent back and repaired (and resold), dropped and thus damaged packaging, or left over stock inventory.

The lack of 14" iBooks probably does not indicate the latter, as this left over inventory is put on sale after a new model has come out. So you're left with option one or two, thus meaning the lack of 14" iBooks means there have been relatively few DOA or damaged products which have needed to be repaired and resold. (Or.. if you're a pessimist, all iBooks which have been DOA are unfixable :D)

I've set up a few 14" inchers for people, they are really really nice machines, and I wouldn't stop anyone buying one today. If you need the mac now, buy the mac now. You could end playing the waiting game for months otherwise.