14-Year-Old Impersonates Cop in Chicago

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by joepunk, Jan 26, 2009.

1. macrumors 68030

joepunk

Teen pleads not guilty to impersonating officer

2. macrumors G5

Consultant

HAHAHAHAHA OMG.

Slow cops?

Or did they thought they were dealing with McLovin? (see Superbad movie if you don't get that).

3. macrumors 68000

Antares

The kid was a part of the Police Explorers. So, he would have learned how to behave and talk like a cop. He would have also learned a lot of the little details of what cops do on the beat.....so, it's not too far fetched that he could easily pull it off. As for looking young, it's difficult to judge without seeing how he looked in the uniform. There are many baby-faced cops in the force. One of my friends, from high school, does undercover work where he goes to various parties to busts them for drugs and underage drinking...because he looks 15 years younger than he actually is.

When I first heard about this on the news, I couldn't help but laugh. He worked a whole shift and nobody caught on. The only reason he was caught was because when they returned to the station after the shift, the sgt noticed that he wasn't wearing a gun and didn't have a badge on the outside of his vest. How did his partner not catch on at all during the shift? So much for observation skills....

4. macrumors 6502a

rpaloalto

LOL
    I could see a 16 year old, maybe pulling this off. A 14 year old, you have to be kidding. Would of been even more funny if they issued him a gun:eek:

5. macrumors member

6. macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Too funny, those cops should all be suspended for not catching that kid sooner...

7. macrumors 68000

Mr. Giver '94

14-Year-Old Impersonates Cop in Chicago

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28861227/?GT1=43001

I read in the LA Times he actually aided in arresting someone. Honestly I'd let him off with no sentence. Then I'd give him an internship and early acceptance into the police training academy. Even though it's technically illegal, the kid should at least be allowed to follow his dream. :)

8. macrumors 65816

bobfitz14

i think the fact that he desires to be a cop and has been in you programs about being in the police force makes a difference. the article also said he didn't have any bad intentions really nor did he actually do anything when he had the uniform on.

9. macrumors P6

Peace

He should be allowed to follow his dream but he should also be punished just like anyone else otherwise that would give rise to brown shirts everywhere.

10. macrumors Penryn

Abstract

How did he get away with this? Was he wearing a fake moustache or something?

11. macrumors P6

dukebound85

yea 14 is waaaay young to not be noticed

my guess is cops in chicago arent that observant lol

12. macrumors 68000

Mr. Giver '94

In the Times it said he was wearing a uniform and entered through an unlocked back door. I'm not sure how they didn't notice. Maybe he was really tall.

Meat growth hormones?? :D:confused:

13. macrumors Penryn

Abstract

They should have known something was up immediately after he turned down a doughnut.

14. macrumors regular

Shouldn't the people that work in that station recognize if a random person shows up to work?

15. Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

That kid is back...

http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/...onator-stolen-car-chicago-police-charges.html

Nice.

16. macrumors regular

Little HZ

Poor kid is just DETERMINED to hang out w/ cops, one way or another ... :eek:

17. Guest

Benguitar

ROFL.

Stories like these are what I consider, "Authority - FAIL" moments. :D

18. macrumors 65816

Signal-11

My favorite line is: "After the crash, the teen allegedly jumped out of the car and attempted to run away. The teen grabbed a stroller and began walking with it, trying to blend in with a nearby crowd of people, police said."

He's kind of like that Craigslist bank robber. You kind of wish they got away.

19. macrumors 6502a

rpaloalto

Wow,
    read the whole article, in the link above. This kid gave them a pretty good chase. He seems like a pretty bright kid. Just off on the wrong foot is all.

20. macrumors 6502

Eanair

Now that's dedication right there!

21. macrumors G5

Sun Baked

The kid should just go ahead and get a SAG card and sign a lifetime contract as a recurring TV character on "America's Dumbest Criminals"

22. macrumors 65816

designgeek

Neat, get this kid into some under cover stuff, he's obviously good at it.

23. macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

New Psychological disorder? Copoholic? Copoholia? :p

24. macrumors newbie

This is really embarassing. 14-year old kid impersonates a cop? Jesus Christ! He think he has the guts to face a policeman showing off his act of crime.:eek: