Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Angry Birds Space has received a new update adding a new episode with content tied to NASA's Curiosity Mars Rover. NASA and Rovio have partnered extensively on marketing for Angry Birds Space, using the game to promote NASA's educational and scientific discoveries.

The new update sees the piggies hijacking the Curiosity Mars Rover and serving 20 new levels on Mars for the angry birds.

NewImage38.png

NASA is helping pigs and birds explore the Martian terrain and shed light on the agency's missions to the Red Planet in the latest update to the game Angry Birds Space. Rovio Entertainment, creator of Angry Birds, announced the update Thursday, complete with a cast of agency rovers and landers.

Earlier this year, millions of gamers were introduced to concepts of microgravity in Angry Birds Space, which was supported through a partnership with NASA and includes links to a variety of education information.

"Rovio is teaching huge new audiences about NASA's missions to Mars thanks to this collaboration," said David Weaver, associate administrator for communications at NASA Headquarters in Washington. "It's a great way to introduce both kids and adults to the wonders of the planet in a fun and entertaining way."
Angry Birds Space is available on the iPhone, iPad and the Mac.

Article Link: Angry Birds Space Updated With Curiosity Mars Rover Content

keysofanxiety

macrumors G3
Nov 23, 2011
"Rovio is teaching huge new audiences about NASA's missions to Mars thanks to this collaboration," said David Weaver, associate administrator for communications at NASA Headquarters in Washington."

Wait, so little green pigs live on Mars? Damn … I guess that crazy one-eyed fortune-teller was right all along. :p

reden

macrumors 6502a
Aug 30, 2006
Yesterday, I saw a 25 year old wearing an angry birds tshirt, I was sad.

bboyredcel

macrumors member
Feb 26, 2006
Yesterday, I saw a 25 year old wearing an angry birds tshirt, I was sad.

*looks down at self*

*see's "Angry Nerds" T-shirt*

*thinks of age (30)*

Yeah dude, what a loser that guy is.

notjustjay

macrumors 603
Sep 19, 2003
Canada, eh?
They certainly do. Just Google "Angry Birds t-shirt" and you should be able to find one. I have one I bought in a local comic book/trading card shop in my city. I'm a big Angry Birds fan :D

Heck, if you live in North America just go to Walmart. I'm sure they've got them there.

I have one which I wear occasionally, but I've learned to be careful when I put it on. I had it on once when I visited a local science museum. I swear I had the attention of every child that passed me. ("Look, daddy! Angry birds!") I felt almost dirty wearing it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.