Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple just posted two new iPhone 5 television ads. The ads are entitled 'Orchestra' and 'Turkey'. Orchestra focuses on the microphones that Apple uses to reduce background noise during calls. Turkey shows off the Shared Photo Stream feature of iOS 6.

Well, it's that time of year again.
You know, picture taking season?
And, with Photo Stream, you can share all the photos you want.
With just the people you want.
It's as easy as pie. Mmmm... pie.

Article Link: Apple Posts Two New iPhone 5 Television Ads, 'Orchestra' and 'Turkey'

ellsworth

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2007
Where can I get an iPhone 5 that simply says "LTE" as the carrier and NOT AT&T or Verizon in the states?

Sixtafoua

macrumors 6502
May 29, 2009
Boston, MA
The pictures in the turkey one look really yellow and muggy. They look like pictures I'd take with my iPhone, not apple marketing materials.

DoNoHarm

macrumors 65816
Oct 8, 2008
Maine
Question is, is that microphone in the 5 somehow better than the 4 or did they just change the shape of the darn thing and they expect people to upgrade?

tylerjamison

macrumors member
Jun 6, 2010
Seems like they're making a bug deal about the noise reducing microphone. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this technology not-so-new, and don't many other phones use it?

iMacx

macrumors member
Jan 23, 2011
I just don't like the feel of these.. I know they aren't snobbish but the orchestra one comes off that way.

troop231

macrumors 603
Jan 20, 2010
Where can I get an iPhone 5 that simply says "LTE" as the carrier and NOT AT&T or Verizon in the states?

Either Jailbreak and edit it, or wait for Apple to become a wireless carrier. The latter would be as tasty as well, pie :p

mingoglia

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2009
I agree with the comment about the photos; it was the first thing I thought as well. They all have that artificial light tint to them that us "amateurs" often experience. I would think for a commercial they would have used higher quality pics.

Comeagain?

macrumors 68020
Feb 17, 2011
Spokane, WA
Question is, is that microphone in the 5 somehow better than the 4 or did they just change the shape of the darn thing and they expect people to upgrade?

There is another mic in the 5.

I am a big fan of the new ads. I like them. Much better then the "Genius" ones.

wordoflife

macrumors 604
Jul 6, 2009
I actually think that the iPhone 5's microphones are an often forgotten feature that I think is really important.

Haha I agree. I think showing the carrier constantly is unnecessary. Make it an option to just keep it on the lockscreen or something.

Medic311

macrumors 68000
Jul 30, 2011
i haven't seen a Thanksgiving dinner that diversified since the Pilgrims ate with the Native Americans

bwillwall

Suspended
Dec 24, 2009
I just don't like the feel of these.. I know they aren't snobbish but the orchestra one comes off that way.

How on earth is that snobbish? Have you seen some of Apple's ads against competitors? Have you seen SAMSUNG'S ADS!?

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
I can't believe that a Mac oriented website is posting embedded video that I can't view on my iPad.

Works on my iPad. Did you turn off YouTube in Settings? Because if you did, then, surprisingly enough, YouTube videos don't play.

arn

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.