14th street NYC

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by lucky967, Jun 18, 2010.

1. macrumors newbie

Anyone been to any other launches here, I plan on getting there sometime between 6 and 7 and hope to get into work by 10, does that sound like it'll work?

2. macrumors member

AntJon82

14th st nyc

No U Better Get There By 6 At Least Im Coming From Nj N Im Leave At 530

3. macrumors regular

I'll be there around 6. Also gotta make it to work, hopeful that I'm not being *too* hopeful.

4. macrumors newbie

14th street NYC

Yeah! I pre-order one, but I couldn't get through the server until 8pm that night (on June 15), hope there's one waiting for me! Gonna try to get there around 6, too! can't wait!

5. thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm just hoping that
    1) the 5th Ave store gets most of the big die hard fans
    2) UWS gets most people living on the west side
    3) SoHo gets the people from the outer burroughs.
    4) 14th street isn't flooded by L train hipsters.

6. macrumors regular

I think 5th ave will by far have the most in line. The others are a tossup, but I think it will help that the launch is on a Thursday and many have to get to work. Plus the 7am opening vs 9am might help slightly. We'll see. I still think this launch will be huge regardless.

7. macrumors newbie

i think i remember the 5th avenue and 14th street stores being flooded the most for 3GS's launch last year. then again, the UWS store wasn't open yet so it may help things out this time around...

8. macrumors regular

I've also got to start work at 10am though my office isn't far away. Anyone think I'll make it if I get there at 7am ?

9. macrumors member

AntJon82

Wow

GUESS I GOTTA LEAVE BY 5 THEN N HAUL AZZ FROM THE PATH TRAIN TO GET IN LINE

10. macrumors newbie

14th street NYC

Hahahaha! I too have to be at "work" around 10. It all depends on the AT&T server and how collapse it will be on Thursday morning. That POS [the AT&T server] can't take any load for launch day or even pre-order.

I was the 5 in line at a small-town AT&T store for the 3G launch as a walk-in, but due to heavy server traffic, I became the first person to leave the store with an activated and working iPhone 3G that very morning after over an hour with the AT&T staff trying to fight against their own system to activate the phones.

So, I will expect delay, for both walk-in and pre-order.

I do work around the 14th street west store, but I almost sign up for the 5th ave store just for the experience!!!

11. thread starter macrumors newbie

Anyone know if it's possible to simply pick up your phone and activate it at home? My big concern is that my boss, and all my co workers will be working right next door to the apple store that day, so I'm looking to be out of sight by the time they show up (probably late morning). Things just aren't working out for me with this whole pre-order thing.

12. macrumors newbie

New to the iphone and couldnt preorder so want to show up early and get on line. Thoughts on if should go to ATT store on my block or to the 14th apple store? Was planning on showing up at 5 am so not sure what is best bet?

13. macrumors regular

My guess is that those with reservations will be ok and 5am probably fine. Those without reservations are a different story and I'd surmise that a full camp out is in your future. Just my thoughts with little hard data to back it up.

14. macrumors newbie

mtor82

So I wasn't able to reserve an iPhone for the 24th. How early do you guys think is a good time to show up for the line? What time are you other guys who didn't pre-order going to show up at?

15. macrumors newbie

i also couldn't pre-order (billing/shipping address mixup, long story). at first i wanted to line up at the AT&T store next to my apt building, but i'm getting increasingly worried that they will have limited, if any, phones available! i've never done an apple store line and i'm actually scared to do it...

16. macrumors newbie

Help Me

Anyone wanna meet there and help one another out? Who ever is first can let the other one come in type of thing?

I can be there are 4 am if someone else interested in this or going earlier and wants to take a break or go home and come back when i get there?

17. macrumors newbie

14 street camp out

Hmmm... this thread is actually really week comparing to other Apple store at much smaller town... so maybe not so many people will be at the 14th street store?!

But this is NYC, so it is so hard to say how many people will be camping out. I will suggest those who does not has a reservation to start camping out at mid-night Thursday morning... since walk-in will be extremely limited and AT&T won't even have walk-in now...

I was camping out at an AT&T store at a VERY small town in the south for the 3G launch, and the earliest person got there at 3am and I was the 5th in line at 5:15. So, New Yorker, be prepare!!!

18. macrumors newbie

Just called ATT store and they said they wont have them till Tuesday?

Looks like i be at the 14th street store as early as i can without any reservations!

19. macrumors newbie

i'm really torn between going to the 5th avenue store or 14th street store. a friend just passed by 5th avenue this morning and there's already a line! though, not sure if those are pre-ordered or walk-in customers.

i feel like the 5th avenue store will have more for walk-ins like me, but there will be a ton of people in line. whereas the 14th street store may not have as many units, but probably not that much of a line? ahhh, which one?? and what time?? i'm going crazy, lol

20. macrumors newbie

Getting to the 14th Street store early

Preordered my 32GB, looking to see if anyone wants to meetup in the AM? I think I am getting there around 6am. I think it should go fairly smoothly.Also excited to get my Bumper.

21. macrumors 68000

rorschach

I was thinking about getting there at 5am. Maybe that's a little early but if the weather isn't bad it's only 2 hours. And better safe than sorry right?

22. macrumors newbie

14th street is official for me.

What you guys think is an early enough time to show up on the no reservations line?

23. macrumors newbie

I had no reservations, plan to be there at 3am.(maybe around 3)

24. macrumors 6502a

born4sky

Who want to keep a spot for me? I'll come at 6:00 am ... I'll buy Bumper for that person any color you like ;)

25. macrumors 68000

rorschach

Haha I'd do it but would they let us do that?