15" 1.67Ghz PowerBook

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Alex AMG, Feb 9, 2005.

1. Alex AMG macrumors newbie

I just placed an order for a 15" 1.67Ghz, 1.5Gb RAM, 128MB VRAM machine. I do a lot of travelling and battery life is a big issue for me. Assuming that now powerbooks ship with faster hard drives, which is gonna further eat into their usable battery charge, what is a realistic expectation of the charge timewise? 2hours max?

People who already got theirs, could you please comment?

Thanks!

P.S. What's the deal with this "ship on or before Feb 24th"? :mad:

2. geoffism macrumors regular

geoffism

I can't comment on battery life, but based on my passed experience (I travel a lot and have an old Ti PB), I went ahead an purchased a second battery.

I pulled this from an earlier thread:
    On the shipping... for some reason all the 15" ae scheduled to deliver on or around the 23rd. I ordered mine on the 31st, with an original ship date of the 7th, and it got bumped to the 23rd. We'll see.

It sucks, but whatcha gonna do?

Good luck!

3. Solafaa macrumors 6502a

Solafaa

Two mistakes,

1- Get RAM from 3rd party, its much cheaper.
    2- 128 Video RAM is not much better then 64, i tryed it on my 17" and there are not much difference.

I would change the battry every 6months-1year if i was you, just to make sure things works right.

4. Alex AMG thread starter macrumors newbie

#1 I wasn't clear enough. I ordered a 1G chip from a third party. :)
    #2 - You will use it when Tiger comes out.

5. JzzTrump22 macrumors 65816

My 1.5 ghz Powerbook lasts about 2.25 hours with a little above normal use and everything set the way i normally use it. If i actually tried to conserve battery life, i bet i could get it to atleast 2.5 hours. The battery itself takes about 2 hours to charge.