15.4 Powerbook when?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by BkkChris, Jan 22, 2003.

1. BkkChris macrumors newbie

So, that little 12" PB is looking mighty tempting, but with the rumors of a 15.4" PB coming in Feb. should I wait? When do you all think this rumored 15.4" will come out?

2. Bear macrumors G3

Re: 15.4 Powerbook when?

Probably sometime after Apple starts shipping the 17" Powerbooks. Between the new materials and the keyboard, Apple might want to make sure the manufacturing process has been checked out before adding another model using the new materials.

3. MacFan25 macrumors 68000

MacFan25

So I am guessing that you would rather have the 15.4" over the 12". If so, I would wait. It probably isn't going to be long until the 15" AlBook will come out.

4. vincentmeanie macrumors newbie

so where are these 'rumors' from, this is mac rumors after all, so wheres the link and weird pic of the item in question..

I want one as well, but I am two shakes away from selling my ibook, so I dont know if I can hold out an additional month for a new PB

5. TyleRomeo macrumors 6502a

ok dude there arent new powerbooks coming out any time soon. I'd say May at the earliest. But most likely some time in the summer. trust me on this one.

Tyler

6. DHagan4755 macrumors 6502a

DHagan4755

I don't know. I think we could see them as early as February through late-April. The telling sign will be when they run out-of-stock at the Apple Store. Right now the Apple's Store says shipping in 1-3 days. Therefore, nothing immiment. Very soon, maybe.

7. JSRockit macrumors 6502a

JSRockit

8. benixau macrumors 65816

benixau

yeah but they had long shipping times on 15" iMacs too right before MWSF03.

two options from what i can tell:

go and get urself a book now and be grateful you got one - OR - sit back and wait to get the latest and greatest.

if you chose the later you will never get anything. i guess that leaves only one option.