15" Al PB in PC mag article?

Discussion in 'Community' started by jxyama, Jun 8, 2004.

1. jxyama macrumors 68040

jxyama

i was browsing one of the PC review magazines at the airport yesterday. can't remember which one, but in it was an article on the future of laptop.

i found it incredibly ironic to find a skeleton, line drawing of a 15" Al PB being used on that page. there were some tell-tale signs, like: one button trackpad (and that's one of the biggest things PC users complain about a Mac!), display hinge made so the display would sit below the main unit and the ports shown were exactly the same as 15" Al PB, including 6-pin FW, which is rare in PCs...

thought it was kind of funny. i guess they used some graphic artists agency...

also, another tech-unrelated magazine had a cover article on best doctors in the area. the cover was light-reddish orange with black silhouette of a doctor with white stethoscope. it sure looked like an iPod ad. thought that was funny too.

2. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

Ah, another example of the far reaching influence Apple and the Mac have on the personal computing arena! :D

Sushi

3. thejazzman10 Guest

ahhhhhhhh

AHH this MAKESME SOOO MAD!! IN an issuue of a PC mag thereIS ALWAYS AN AD FOR THE iCURVE, WHERE THEY CLEARLY PHOTOSHOPPED AN IBOOK(EX. THEY MADE IT DARKER, MADE IT LOOK LIKE IT HAD A 2 BUTTON MOUSE, AND PS'D THE SCREEN SO IT LOOKED LIKE IT WAS RUNNING WINDOWS!!! COME ON APPLE LEGAL!!!!!! :mad: :mad: THIS IS REALLY GETTNING BAD! :mad: :mad: :mad: i will try to find a picture later :mad:

lol, i couldn't post this cuz i used too many mad smilies :D

4. Laslo Panaflex macrumors 65816

Laslo Panaflex

What's with the crazy caps/no caps? and spacing/no spacing?

5. ColoJohnBoy macrumors 65816

ColoJohnBoy

Alcohol?

6. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

Whether they know it or not, everyone in the world wants to use a Mac. Period. Just like all females are madly in love with me whether they know it or not! :D We must enlighten these lost souls!

7. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    macs are just so darn popular hehe

too bad not enough ppl buy them

8. NusuniAdmin macrumors 6502a

NusuniAdmin

Basic computer 101, more poeple buy = more flaws found = more viruses/hackers/crackers/idiots who like to have fun exploiting things.

9. thejazzman10 Guest

sorry

sorry bout the post above....one of the many side affects of a little brother :D yeah ive seen that 15 in pb too... looks authentic- you tend to see macs in all of those places that favor industrial design (ex. crate& barrel) but there has to be something wrong with ps'ing an i book to look like some sort of franken mac that runs windows??

10. thejazzman10 Guest

sorry

sorry bout the post above....one of the many side affects of a little brother :D yeah ive seen that 15 in pb too... looks authentic- you tend to see macs in all of those places that favor industrial design (ex. crate& barrel) but there has to be something wrong with ps'ing an i book to look like some sort of franken mac that runs windows?? (again, sorry) :D

edit: oopsie, sorry about the double post

11. Crikey macrumors 6502

There was a Gateway ad in PC Magazine a couple years ago with a kid sitting on the floor using a TiBook, and off to the side a picture of the new Gateway notebook that was made to look vaguely like a TiBook but was plainly not the real TiBook in the other picture.

Crikey

12. 7on macrumors 601

7on

PCGamer has this web screenshot in one issue where the Mac version of IE can be found.

13. question fear macrumors 68020

question fear

pc mag does that a lot...they'll also sometimes throw in pics/comments on a ti or some other such apple notebook as the suggested apple laptop when they review hot notebooks. like they can't ignore those bi-operating system readers ;)

14. Capt Underpants macrumors 68030

Capt Underpants

Either they photoshopped windows.. or they used virtual PC :rolleyes: ...

15. MoparShaha macrumors 68000

MoparShaha

Well, since ALL photographs of displays (computer, TV, ect.) are simulated in print, I think it was probably Photoshoped.

16. Capt Underpants macrumors 68030

Capt Underpants

They could've photoshopped a VPC on it ;). Ya, you're right.
    I would like to see the photo of the messed up iBook, though.

17. jared_kipe macrumors 68030

jared_kipe

I **** you not I have a Dell magazine right here that has a picture titled "cut the cables" or something and it's a picture of a slightly blurry ibook.

edit: Hmm they took it out, but you get the idea...