15" AlPB screen repair - experiences?

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by Westside guy, Dec 2, 2003.

1. Westside guy macrumors 601

Westside guy

Hi,

I just took my Powerbook into the Apple Store because of the dreaded "white spot" problem. It is painful being without it! Right now I'm back to using Linux on an x86 box, and it's reminding me of why I got the Mac in the first place. :p

But anyway... I was quoted roughly a 7-day turnaround, and wondered what other folk's recent experiences have been in terms of this particular repair (time-wise and permenant-fix-wise)?

2. Westside guy thread starter macrumors 601

Westside guy

Well, I guess no news is good news!

Looks like the "screen spots" problem isn't as pervasive as some people would have you believe - I must've been just one of the unlucky few... :)

3. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

I have the white spot problem, but I can't go without my 'top, and since I'm nowhere near an Apple Store out here at college, I'll be waiting until Christmas break to get mine fixed.

4. Zeke macrumors 6502

As far as turn around goes. I sent mine in on Monday. They got it yesterday, fixed it (hopefully) and shipped it back out to me yesterday arriving today. So a one day repair is not too shabby. I was very impressed with this.

This obviously was not taken directly to an Apple Store. I've heard that they just send them to an authorized repair facility anyway so you might as well just send it yourself.

5. Westside guy thread starter macrumors 601

Westside guy

Got it back today - it was actually ready to be picked up yesterday. I think a four day turnaround, counting the shipping, is pretty good!