15" iMacs for the chop?

Discussion in 'Hardware Rumors' started by skunk, Aug 22, 2002.

1. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

MacUser UK is running an article claiming that all 15" FP iMacs are being discontinued from October, to make way for 17" versions.

2. rice_web macrumors 6502a

rice_web

Yippee! That was my guess from a while back.

With the 15" iMac out of the way, you could also expect to see the 15" studio display thrown out the window, along with the 17" display, and replaced with a widescreen 17" LCD.

3. topicolo macrumors 68000

topicolo

So they're gonna leave the emac as the low end now? I guess it makes sense, but I'm still not comfortable with the imac as only a high-end consumer mac. It's too wierd...

4. Liamcow macrumors member

i hope they don't throw away the 15" studio displays, if they placed them in the $300-$400 range, everyone on earth would own one because you can barely find anything in that price range that could possibly compete with apple's product.

that's a problem i see with apple, they discontinue things when they could just push the price down, that way consumers can buy up the "old, but fine for me" market, and pro people can buy up the "brand spankin' new, i need the best" market

i know, most of that had nothing to do with this thread...

5. mnkeybsness macrumors 68030

mnkeybsness

i don't think getting rid of the 17" studio displays is a good idea...using them as dual displays is very nice and cost-effective for lots of different editing software