15 inch Macbook Pro (finally) ordered!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by crazydrumma, May 11, 2006.

1. crazydrumma macrumors regular

After many many weeks of waiting, my macbook pro was ordered last night. I finally sold my 1.5 GHZ piece of crap HP for $450 (I got lucky) and gave my parents the $500 deposit on it. The good news my parents told me was that the savings bonds for education that have been growing since I was born will pay for the rest! The configurations of it are as follows:

1.83Ghz Intel Core Duo/VR128MB
    1GB 667 DDR2- 2x512 SO-DIMM
    80GB Serial ATA Drive@5400rpm
    SuperDrive (DVD±RW/CD-RW)
    BkLit Keyboard/Mac OS
    Airport Extreme Card&BT

I know, nothing too special, but compared to that HP I have been using (every day for a year...egh:( ) it will be soooooo nice! Anyway, its "estimated arrival" is May 22nd, but it could be here earlier. I will post a new thread on heat issues, screen brightness, and the fan noise for all of those wondering if those issues have been fixed.

2. yoda13 macrumors 65816

yoda13

Congratulations, what a big step up! Hope it goes smoothly for you.;)

3. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

Congratulations on your purchase crazydrumma! I am sure you will be quite pleased with your new machine when you get it- you ordered a very nice laptop. :) :) :)

4. macanudo macrumors regular

macanudo

5. GhostFace macrumors member

Sweet dude. I am going to get the sameone but with 120gig hard drive. Do you know if the 2.0 is much faster than the 1.8?

6. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

The speed difference between the two should be marginal at best. Unless you are a power user, you will probably not notice the speed difference. :)

7. crazydrumma thread starter macrumors regular

An update, I just checked out the specs for my HP that I sold, it was actually a 1.3 Ghz with 256 mb of RAM. so needless to say, when my MBP arrives, I will be.........:eek: !

8. JoeKarame macrumors regular

JoeKarame

Definitely...The speed difference I got from my iBook is pretty darn big.

And it's just a beautiful looking machine too - obviously, the PBs were too, but whilst I know you are losing pixel space with the screen, I have to say it makes the thing really unique!

And photoshop runs perfectly acceptably too! Which was the one sticking point I had.

But I'm very happy with the purchase, as I'm sure you will be.

And I know they're a little bit gimmicky, but the backlit keys and the Maglock power cord are fantastic things indeed.

9. Aaon macrumors 6502

Congrats on your purchase! You are going to love it!