15" Macbook Rumor

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Kamikaze, Oct 28, 2006.

1. Kamikaze macrumors member

Can anyone confirm that there is a 15" Macbook in the works? Laptop Logic indicates therre is, but I can't find anymore info on it. Thx:D

2. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

It's all over the web, but the sole source is Digitimes, which has been wrong about so many things, I'd almost take this as solid evidence that a 15" MacBook is not coming. :rolleyes:

3. wmmk macrumors 68020

wmmk

short answer: no
    long answer: no way

4. Fearless Leader macrumors 68020

yes it will be released this Tuesday and come in 7 different colors, and have a xeon quad core. :cool:

Steve and I got connections.

5. stevehp macrumors 6502

I haven't heard much of anything about it... I honestly can't see that happening. If anything I could see a 13 or 12 inch MBP...The whole idea of the Macbook is it's tiny-ness, price point, and its appeal to lower-end use (word processing, some minor photo editing, web browsing, etc).

6. NorCalLights macrumors 6502a

I don't think we've heard anything about that here... I would expect a 13" or 12" Macbook Pro before a 15" Macbook... but what do I know? I've been wrong about things before...

7. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Digitimes is the originator of this rumour.

Of course, that means it's completely incorrect. What is more likely is they have misinterpreted news that Foxconn will be building 15" MacBook Pros as a supplementary supplier to Asus and run with the news as "Foxconn to build 15" MacBook model" - if we're to believe Digitimes then the G5 PowerBook and G5 iBook models are now over a year late, and they were dead certain Apple were going to release them.

And besides, there's really no room in the line-up between the BlackBook and the MacBook Pro for a 15" MacBook.