15" MBP: 2.0 vs 2.16

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by mcpusc, Sep 13, 2006.

  1. mcpusc macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Sep 12, 2006
    #1
    Here's my situation: I'm purchasing a MBP today or tommorow (due to a discount), and I'm trying to decide between the 2.0 and the 2.16. Configuring the 2.0 to match the specs (HDD, memory) of the 2.16 makes the price difference $300.

    I'm wondering if I'm going to see the difference in the video card. The lower speed processor would work fine, but I'd like to be able to run Vista on my MBP once it's released, and the more video memory the better.

    Any thoughts? And damn Apple for not releasing Merom. I've gotta go over to Cupertino and corner an engineer....

    Should I just wait until Merom? I've got a perfectly good laptop now, I just want to take advantage of a discount. I'd pay a couple hundred more if I wait until next week.
     
  2. twoodcc macrumors P6

    twoodcc

    Joined:
    Feb 3, 2005
    Location:
    Right side of wrong
    #2
    seems smart to wait for merom, but you might be waiting for a long time
     
  3. apachie2k macrumors 6502

    apachie2k

    Joined:
    May 23, 2006
    Location:
    was NYC...now MIAMI
    #3
    if you don't need a new computer, then why bother?? there will prob. be other sales and what not, and then you can upgrade when it's really worth while...
     
  4. miles01110 macrumors Core

    miles01110

    Joined:
    Jul 24, 2006
    Location:
    The Ivory Tower (I'm not coming down)
    #4
    Just get it now. Take advantage of the discount while you have it.
     
  5. islandman macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Sep 13, 2006
    #5
    I think the 2.0 is fine vs the 2.16. The video card will also be fine for Vista either way (according to Microsoft's specs). However, if you don't NEED it, I'd wait for the Merom.
     
  6. generik macrumors 601

    generik

    Joined:
    Aug 5, 2005
    Location:
    Minitrue
    #6
    If the discount is that good, get it now, and while it is still sealed unload it on eBay... and put the funds back towards the waiting game :rolleyes:
     

Share This Page