15" MBP: 2.0 vs 2.16

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by mcpusc, Sep 13, 2006.

1. mcpusc macrumors newbie

Here's my situation: I'm purchasing a MBP today or tommorow (due to a discount), and I'm trying to decide between the 2.0 and the 2.16. Configuring the 2.0 to match the specs (HDD, memory) of the 2.16 makes the price difference $300.

I'm wondering if I'm going to see the difference in the video card. The lower speed processor would work fine, but I'd like to be able to run Vista on my MBP once it's released, and the more video memory the better.

Any thoughts? And damn Apple for not releasing Merom. I've gotta go over to Cupertino and corner an engineer....

Should I just wait until Merom? I've got a perfectly good laptop now, I just want to take advantage of a discount. I'd pay a couple hundred more if I wait until next week.

2. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

seems smart to wait for merom, but you might be waiting for a long time

3. apachie2k macrumors 6502

apachie2k

if you don't need a new computer, then why bother?? there will prob. be other sales and what not, and then you can upgrade when it's really worth while...

4. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Just get it now. Take advantage of the discount while you have it.

5. islandman macrumors 6502

I think the 2.0 is fine vs the 2.16. The video card will also be fine for Vista either way (according to Microsoft's specs). However, if you don't NEED it, I'd wait for the Merom.

6. generik macrumors 601

generik

If the discount is that good, get it now, and while it is still sealed unload it on eBay... and put the funds back towards the waiting game :rolleyes: